4 replies to this topic

#1 ksch2778

ksch2778

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:14 PM

This may not be the right forum but I am using XBMC as my main dash. I just purchased a HD TV Samsung 50” HL-S5086W love.gif . I am using the HD connections from the xbox to the TV (Red Green Blue) I have optical going to the amp. The problem I am having is there are slight vertical lines when I play games or DVDs on the xbox mad.gif . Does anyone know what could cause this? It isn’t the TV settings because the regular dvd player works great with an awesome picture. Do I need to change the resolution on the xbox in the MS dash? If so how do I load the MS dash? Any help is appreciated since I bought this TV for watching DVDs on my box.

Thanks

#2 ksch2778

ksch2778

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:59 PM

I fixed this problem last night. I had to find out were my MS dash was located at and go into the video settings and select “TV supports 720p” I also changed the screen to “Wide Screen” The problem I have now is… I don’t know where the MS dash is on my other two hard drives. Is it possible that they are written over or worse erased? If so, can I copy the MS dash from the one HD to the other two? I don’t know how my friend set this all up. Sorry if these are dumb questions but I am still somewhat new to all this. Thanks.

#3 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:music, music, music, computers, audio engineering, gaming, code monkeying, music again
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:36 PM

yes, the Xbox does not have a real "operating system", so "installing" programs is just a matter of putting files onto the harddrive. USUALLY the MS Dash is found on the root of the C:\ and consists of a bunch of files:

xboxdash.xbe
Xbox.xtf
XBox Book.xtf

and folders:

xodash
xboxdashdata.185ead00
Audio
fonts

i BELIEVE it is as dumb as copying that stuff to C:\ on the system where it is missing, but this is assuming that your C:\ is left in a retail state. make sure you know what the XBox is actually booting before you mess with this stuff...

#4 ksch2778

ksch2778

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:08 PM

Okay.... so I can go into the "My Files" icon on the XBMC and browse through the C: Drive and look for those files. I can then try and launch the MS dash from there. Is this correct? This may be stupid but what exactly did you mean by "assuming your C:\ is in a retail state"? Thanks for the help I will try and locate the files when I get home from work.

#5 ksch2778

ksch2778

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:20 PM

I fixed my problem across all three hard drives. I no longer have vertical lines!! I just thought I would let you all know that you dont need to make these changes on the MS dash on every hard drive. I believe that these settings are stored on the BIOS or on memory on the MoBo. Sooooo...... Thanks for all the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users