• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 renkhoo

renkhoo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 08:33 PM

i had of these modchips installed a few months back... the dude at the shop said it was a cyclops... version 2 i think... how come on xbox-scene.com or all the modchip vendors don't mention this chip??? uhh.gif i only ever hear about matrix and xcuter etc. etc...

i am from western australia... perth... anyone else got their box modded at "the mod shop?" and if so then can someone tell me whether the chip is their own homebrew or a chip that's just changed name???

is opening the xbox the only way to find out what it is??? can i use some utilities or the evo-x???

Edited by renkhoo, 05 May 2003 - 08:38 PM.

#2 chris67rs

chris67rs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Mods
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 May 2003 - 10:45 PM

Never heard of it, probably a homebrew. take a picture, lets see it.

#3 Morien

Morien

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 08:35 AM

Hey,

a word about the Mod Shop, just a warning, but take it as you want.
The Mod Shop have many flaws in their services,

they have very bad customer support,
they have very bad mod chips,
they are known to be liars and theifs, much like a staff member of Austin Computers who looks like an onion and is named Gary.

I have heard reports of people taking in their Xboxes to be modded, and coming out with their Samsung drive being stolen and replaced by a Thompson or Phillips. They then put the Samsung drive in your Xbox if you request it. For $150. Or you could buy the drive off them and install it yourself. For $150.

The Cyclops chip that they put in, is also almost never heard of. And they have told one person on this forum (sorry, forgot the name) that they were just Xecutors renamed to avoid trouble from MS. (Which is BS as here in Aus, modchips are perfectly legal.) That particular member then bought the chip, however they really wanted to put it in themself and not let him see it. He took it home. And it werent no Xecutor. It was a POS.

Take my words for what you want. I just don't want anyone getting ripped off like I have in the past.

And on a personal note, Gary, who stole my ram, you know who you are. If you are reading this somehow, remember, what goes around comes around.

#4 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:15 PM

I wonder if they are associated with Blade in QLD... Sounds like very similar business practices.

#5 Lebowski

Lebowski

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:X-Box

Posted 02 August 2003 - 06:14 AM

heh years ago some guy from austin 'forgot' to put my ram back in.. God knows why he took it out to fix a cd-r drive...

Anyway never been back since tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users