• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xbox-mod-noob

xbox-mod-noob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:34 PM

I am new to the whole xbox modding thing here and i was wondering if it is possible to burn skin files to a disc and then put the disc in the xbox and dl the skins to the xbox from the disc? Do i have to use the computer. I am having someone else program all of the xbox stuff such as putting Evox on it and program my chip and all that good stuff.

#2 dan_plus_o

dan_plus_o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Computers, modding, xbox, guitar, dirt bikes, drums
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:28 AM

Yes you can do that.

You need a file browser though.

If you are running UnleashedX as your dashboard you have a file browser.

Other apps that can be used for browsing files are; Xbox media Ceneter and DVD2Xbox. If you don't have Xbox media center on your xbox then you should get that guy thats doing stuff to your xbox to add that. No xbox is complete unless it has Xbox media center.

Just copy them from the D drive to your skin folder.

Also, some Discs can't run on certain drives. All drives can read DVD-R so you are safe using that. If you have a CD-R I would use that because some dvd drives can't read CD-R but most can read CD-RW. And if you use a CD-RW you can obviously erase it after you are done.

Edited by dan_plus_o, 30 July 2006 - 07:29 AM.

#3 DieOff

DieOff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE(dan_plus_o @ Jul 30 2006, 02:04 AM) View Post

Yes you can do that.

Other apps that can be used for browsing files are; Xbox media Ceneter and DVD2Xbox. If you don't have Xbox media center on your xbox then you should get that guy thats doing stuff to your xbox to add that. No xbox is complete unless it has Xbox media center.

Also, some Discs can't run on certain drives. All drives can read DVD-R so you are safe using that. If you have a CD-R I would use that because some dvd drives can't read CD-R but most can read CD-RW. And if you use a CD-RW you can obviously erase it after you are done.

Is it just as simple as that? Or is there any type of file conversion that needs to happen before you rip them onto the drive?

I have a ton of Evox skins on my computer and they all just seen to be JPEG file with the settings file with that, and the other "loading" image. Just load them as they are from the disc, into the skins folder? Or is there something that should be noted before that?

#4 DieOff

DieOff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:46 AM

What would be the best program to use for burning these, btw?

#5 gruntlord6

gruntlord6

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(dan_plus_o @ Jul 30 2006, 01:28 AM) View Post

Yes you can do that.

where is the default skins folder?

#6 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:45 PM

its a folder called skins and it should be in your dashboard folder under skins.

#7 gruntlord6

gruntlord6

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(xyteam @ Sep 1 2009, 11:45 AM) View Post

its a folder called skins and it should be in your dashboard folder under skins.

oops, i have unleash x.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users