6 replies to this topic

#1 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:47 PM

My roomie was playing COD2 last night and was playing new and original maps. Then while waiting for a game he became the host and couldn't change the game settings. Not enough people came in quick enough, so he left, but when he was choosing the settings (i.e. Player Match, Death Match, etc) to join a lobby again he could only select original maps. The new ones weren't available at all.

He played a few games and I told him to get out and play splitscreen to see the map list. The new maps were gone. They were all still listed, but the 4 that I had just said, "Available Now."

Well, he playeyed some more and then just now I checked to see if the maps were still gone. Fortunately, they're back but I have no idea what happened.

I had all the updates and that was more than a week ago so nothing was changed as of yesterday. Never removed the HDD and no one was even around it when the maps disappeared. Cooling is fine. The fact that he was playing the new maps for some games and without even logging out or anything the new maps disappeared makes it weird.

Not worried, but anyone else have this happen.

#2 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:16 PM

tell him to try and download them again... mine stopped showing up once before and i did that and they came back.... only thing is i can't unselect a map so it won't pick it for random... mad.gif

#3 MrBones

MrBones

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:26 PM

I had the same exact problem this past weekend. I just reset the system and they showed up.

#4 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:56 PM

Yep; it happend to my friend too, and he just reset his box and they were back. Wierd.

#5 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:00 AM

Yeah, mine are back too. They were gone last night, but I checked today and they're fine. Weird glitch, but harmless. Just wanted to know if anyone else had the problem. Guess so.

#6 MrBones

MrBones

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:49 PM

I think I may have found a possible explanation for this...just before I lost them a second time, I was playing in a game with only original maps. I don't remember if that's what I did the first time, but it's the only time it's happened since then.

#7 Paperstack.1

Paperstack.1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:53 PM

Same happened to me also. What I noticed is if you have the 360 settings set to launch dash even if a game is inserted and launch the game as soon as the dash comes up, the maps won't be recognized until i relaunch the game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users