Photo

Xebian - Claims F: Drive Install Posible, But How?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon 2075

Dragon 2075

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:03 PM

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xebian

About half way down the page, it is noted that an option to install to the F: partition has been implemented. But when I run XBOXLinuxInstall from the new disk, it only gives the same old 3 options: Install to E:, Install to unused area, and Intsall to the whole drive.

Does anyone know where they hid this new feature? I'd really like to install to my F: drive, but I can't figure out how.

#2 x-fox

x-fox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(Dragon 2075 @ Jun 22 2006, 09:10 PM) View Post

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xebian

About half way down the page, it is noted that an option to install to the F: partition has been implemented. But when I run XBOXLinuxInstall from the new disk, it only gives the same old 3 options: Install to E:, Install to unused area, and Intsall to the whole drive.

Does anyone know where they hid this new feature? I'd really like to install to my F: drive, but I can't figure out how.

when you select the second option "Install to unused area", this unused area which is the HD space above 8 GIG, becomes the F: partition.

#3 Dragon 2075

Dragon 2075

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:38 PM

I know of that option, the point was that it sounded like they added a way to install to an already partitioned F: drive, rather than creating one.

#4 friedgold

friedgold

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE(Dragon 2075 @ Jun 22 2006, 11:45 PM) View Post

I know of that option, the point was that it sounded like they added a way to install to an already partitioned F: drive, rather than creating one.

As far as I'm aware there is no option for a loopback install to F under Xebian and the infomation on the site is plain wrong. As you say the option to install to unused space creates a new partition by formating the space above 8GB as an ext3 partition.

I think you can install Xebian to F as follows:
  • Install to E
  • Copy the rootfs and swap file from E:\debian to F:\debian (leaving everything else in place)
  • Edit linuxboot.cfg and replace xbox=fatx_e:/debian with xbox=fatx_f:/debian
Something like that anyway.

Edited by friedgold, 23 June 2006 - 12:22 AM.

#5 Evox117

Evox117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Hacking xbox's.......PC's....And skateboarding....And Fire....Im a HUGE pyro.

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:21 AM

I think he is wanting to mount his F drive in Xebian to access movies and music etc etc...

#6 Dragon 2075

Dragon 2075

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Evox117 @ Jun 22 2006, 11:28 PM) View Post

I think he is wanting to mount his F drive in Xebian to access movies and music etc etc...

No, I already know how to do that one. But thanks for trying to help. smile.gif

#7 Evox117

Evox117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Hacking xbox's.......PC's....And skateboarding....And Fire....Im a HUGE pyro.

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:55 PM

Oh I understand now. Its my falt for not reading the post. rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users