hbrdXΣr0

X-S Member

• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Computers, programming, videogames
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:19 AM

This is an informative notice that will be updated if things move along.

Right now, we can:
  • Edit small console variables
  • Edit and inject game script using Lynx (regardless of new size)
  • Extract/inject files within the .XZP (with Lynx)
  • Apparently, play maps without lights
  • Not much else
And we cannot and will likely never be able to:
  • Play mods like Garry's Mod
  • Play different Source-based games like Episode 1
People asking if they can do the impossible will have their threads closed. If you accomplished it, then feel free to tell us. But otherwise, we already have several threads saying the same thing.

What are we still looking for?
  • Compiling maps with proper lighting (Valve's SDK tools that supported this but the feature has been removed from vrad)
If I missed anything, let me know!

[color=#336666]+ Updated 10/7/2006

Edited by hbrdXΣr0, 07 October 2006 - 05:44 AM.

#2 SuB-Zer0

SuB-Zer0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:17 AM

In on sentence:
If you wanna mod HL play th Pc Version.

I also played some custom hl2 maps on my xbox version and have some fun with. But I cant really enjoy it :/ . So many things doesnt work or are missed (like the lightning , textures and weird water refelections at custom maps ).

Maybe one day we play our selfmade gmod on the box laugh.gif .

#3 ash_link

ash_link

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:26 PM

I thought of an idea, we make a map call it "Intro.bsp" so when you start the normal game, it starts up the custom map and that the custom map consitst of this room with 2-4 doors that link to diffrent Custom maps/real game, to extend compbaility.

#4 Prodigy074

Prodigy074

X-S Enthusiast

• 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:13 PM

Updated 2/10/2006

Edited by Prodigy074, 02 October 2006 - 07:14 AM.

#5 D1Hazel

D1Hazel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:25 AM

Does anyone have a copy of the old VRAD that could compile the lights correctly? And how did that version do it? Is it because of the update of HL2 to the EP1 engine broke compiling maps for the HL2 non-EP1 engine?

Also, if I just make a map fullbright (as in, no lighting), will it work correctly? Last time I tried using a HL2 PC map in HL2 Xbox, it gave me those pink and black error textures. If I make a map fullbright and put it in the right place, will it just work, or will I have to do something with Lynx to get the (stock HL2) textures to work? Also, has anyone tried replacing the models with HL:S models and seeing if it works? It works on the EP1 engine.

#6 XBINX Cyro

XBINX Cyro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hello D1hazel. I have been recently trying to resurrect this mod.. I have the LYNX BETA 8 If anyone needs an updated link you can pm me. I also may have the old vrad that you speak of from an early release of the source SDK. I believe i have all the files nececarry to complete some new mods but some help with fellow half life 2 modders would be of great help. I am not sure how to check the exact version for the vrad but it predates to 2003. I have made a map for half life 2 death mach a while back so having to test all these things alone is a pain. I do have alot of time on my hands so everyone speak up if you would like to see some sort of official map porting to fix these cubemap issues. I seek to try and make texture edits to weapons or models with reinjecting over them since they are the same on pc you should be able to port them back over. as far as remodeling weapons or importing i dont know how to go about that. I do however have the sdk to view/edit all the files and to make maps..just pm me for more details. a few fellow scene members refute to assist when they say to contact via aim. smh! hope to hear some feed back yall. my old account credentials and email have been lost so i had to make a new one today..been a mimber since xbox100 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users