#1 leawesome

leawesome

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:57 AM

My drive only burns dual layer in DVD+R. I have a v1.0 xbox with a thomson drive. Can my Xbox read these?

#2 shawnrooferman

shawnrooferman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:00 AM

yes thompson and samsungs play them(not phillips). Correct me if im wrong but ive never seen a dual layer -r in the store. I would use these only for games that is a must it is an expensive burning method

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(leawesome @ Jun 23 2006, 02:04 AM) View Post

My drive only burns dual layer in DVD+R. I have a v1.0 xbox with a thomson drive. Can my Xbox read these?

The Thomson drive can be quite tempermental with D/L discs as a whole, however you are in luck as the most compatible D/L discs on the market today (for any drive or application) are D/L Verbatim DVD+R. It helps alot though if your burner has the ability to set the booktype to DVD-ROM.

#4 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:01 AM

Yes setting the booktype to DVD-ROM will work well on DVD+R single layer discs aswell. Depending on burner it will burn A Dual Layer DVD+R and set book type to DVD-ROM normally. But a single layer disc needs the support from your burner or patched firmware which allows bitsetting. What burner do you have ???

#5 leawesome

leawesome

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:08 PM

A LiteOn DVDRW SOWH-1633S which was originially a rebranded Sony DVD RW DVD D22A, But I updated the firmware and now my computer sees it as the liteon

#6 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:30 PM

As far as firmware updates go that is one of the better ones from Lite-On. Lots of options. I believe you will have to set the booktype manually but that isn't too hard. Just change a couple of things in your burn program and you will be all set. An easy way to test if your current firmware supports this option would be to open up your burn program and attempt to change it, if it fails then you will need to update your firmware with a booktype setting firmware for that drive.

#7 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(shawnrooferman @ Jun 22 2006, 09:07 PM) View Post

yes thompson and samsungs play them(not phillips). Correct me if im wrong but ive never seen a dual layer -r in the store. I would use these only for games that is a must it is an expensive burning method

I have seen them but I have yet to see a burner that supports the discs.

#8 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:08 PM

You gotta be kidding me. Burners that support them have been widespread for the last year and a half. Even my Pioneer 109 which is two generations old, supports both D/L DVD+R and D/L DVD-R. Virtually all of the newer burners from major manufacturers support them (ie Pioneer, NEC, Benq). Now if you are talking about the issues with the format itself, then I agree with you. However, there are no shortage of burners out there that will burn D/L DVD+R AND D/L DVD-R.

Edited by jesterrace777, 24 June 2006 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users