Photo

Broken Xbox Controller S Has A Bad Connection Problem...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 motosoko

motosoko

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:07 PM

My original MS xbox controller S doesnt work as good. When playin a game, I shift and the screen says please reconnect controller and it is securely inserted into the controller port. I tried all ports and its the controller and i also tried it with my New controller and that doesnt have the problem so i know that the other controller is broken. Please help me out. .. How do I fix this? Has anyone ever had this problem?

Edit: The "Please reconnect controller" is consistant.. I gotta shake the controller like every 30 sec after the screen says, "Please reconnect controller".

Edited by motosoko, 23 June 2006 - 12:09 PM.

#2 elpimpo12

elpimpo12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:39 PM

Is there any visible damage to the cord? You could have a broken wire in there that only makes contact when the cord is bent a certain way? It's happened to me with headphones and such before.

#3 motosoko

motosoko

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:40 PM

nope, no visible damage, but i opened it up to look inside and its not dirty either.. So, any ideas?

Edited by motosoko, 23 June 2006 - 12:42 PM.

#4 elpimpo12

elpimpo12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:45 PM

Well what I would do is take my multimeter and check for continuity in the wires in the cord. Might not be the best idea, but I would open up the controller and put one lead on the connection of each wire to the controller and put the other lead on the connector to the xbox. If you can't get to that, I'd suggest peeling a little bit of the cord coating away near the connector and testing there instead of testing the actual connector b/c that way you can always just put some electrical tape around the cord to patch it. That's where I'd start.

#5 toXic1

toXic1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:37 PM

mine did the same thing i just replaced the cord with a usb cable and now its good as new.

#6 Lung-Dart

Lung-Dart

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Computers, gamming, modding, music, playing instruments, healthy lifestyle, poutines, $$$
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:00 PM

Replace the cord. You might get it to work again resoldering the connections on the controller. but its doubtful.

#7 Zowsky

Zowsky

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:09 PM

I had the same problem, its probably at the part where the cord exits the controller shell. Just cut the section out, mine was bad I could feel the splice in the cords. and resolder the wires. Dont worry about the yellow one though.

#8 BodadeM

BodadeM

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Console Gaming, Console (XBox) Modding.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, my neighbors are really rough with their controllers, always pulling on them and stuff, and almost all their controller got like this.. So I cut open the wire where it comes out of the controller and just resoldered, and they work good as new.

#9 matt1697

matt1697

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, my neighbors are really rough with their controllers, always pulling on them and stuff, and almost all their controller got like this.. So I cut open the wire where it comes out of the controller and just resoldered, and they work good as new.

I have this problem with one of mine. Can you explain more of how u fixed yours or how anybody else did please. unsure.gif

#10 BuyItModIt

BuyItModIt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Modding, especially XBOX mods.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:32 PM

Same thing used to happen all the time with my controller, it used to be really annoying as I had to keep getting up off the chair at least once a minute to move the cable, I swapped the cable with one from a damaged s-controller that a friend gave me & it works fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users