4 replies to this topic

#1 gipsiad

gipsiad

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

I am looking for a media player for my xbox which has an evoultionx v3 which i did not put in, but use alot.
i was looking for a media player that will allow me to play cd, dvd, and mp3 becouse at the moment i can only play games.
if someone can ponit me in the right direction that would be really helpful, the other thing is that i can noy link my xbox to a pc so the media player would have to run on a disk that i could then install onto the xbox.
If this is possible i would also need step by step instructions on how to do it.
If someone could help me that would be great.
Lastly is there anyway of deleting data from the xbox hard drive from evox screen or is there something elese i would need to add.
I think there must be loads i am missing out on and if someone could just take five minutes and help me out that would be great.
Many thanks.

#2 djad81

djad81

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:My Dex
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:12 PM

Sounds like you need XBMC mate, there is a great section on here which will have all you need

#3 dan_plus_o

dan_plus_o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Computers, modding, xbox, guitar, dirt bikes, drums
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:47 AM

XBMC= Xbox Media Center

I use XBMC for videos, pictures, Music, and I also really like there file browser.

So You can delete items from your xbox with XBMC. JUST be carefully what you delete. You don't want to end up with a paper weight.

It sounds like you are just starting out.... I have Evox and XBMC and I don't think you can manage game saves with them, so another program I like is Dash2Gam. Just download XBMC and Dash2Gam and copy them to your E:\Apps folder. so for example E:\Apps\XBMC and E:\Apps|Dash2Gam.

I like evox as my starting dash because it is simple and easy to use, I use XMCB for videos and what not, and Dash2Gam is just like the original Dash but with a few more options.

#4 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:57 PM

stop wasting time.
get XBMC and DVD2Xbox. this is all you need. if you already have dvd2xbox, get the latest version.
also, if you get XBMC (which you should) goto google and find blackbolt.com get the 360 skin. Sweeeeeettt!

#5 Epaige

Epaige

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:27 PM

Yes for the MC360 skin and blackbolts forums goto Blackbolt.x-scene.com

EvolutionX is good for backing up eeprom and thats about the only feature it has..

Ohh and you can run trainers with it but you can get Xored and use it with any dash..

Edit: also with Xbox media center you can delete unwanted files Just becareful what you delete..

Edited by Epaige, 07 July 2006 - 05:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users