Pantera Opeth

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

So, I was turned into a vampire, decided to do the mission to get the cure so I could walk around during the day without dying. But I'm stuck at the point where the Count asks you to give him 24 hours or so to grieve. I waited 24 hours and tried to talk to him and that other person that's always with him or whatever, and all they do is either ask me to leave or to wait (without giving me any choices to pick for talking to them). I think I'm stuck in some sort of loop, which is kind of annoying since I cannot go any further in the main quest until I can ask the Count to aid Bruma. So if anyone has an Idea for what I should, that'd be great.

#2 Dekedence

Dekedence

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:27 PM

Just give it some ACTUAL time and it should be ok.

I find that when a steward of a castle tells me to wait, waiting using the wait function doesn't really count. Instead you have to wait for them to come back in real time.

I don't know who was doing it, but this one guy was saying "Has it been a day yet? No" and it wouldn't let me go any further in the quest. I used the wait function to about 40 hours and he was stull doing it. So I went off and went in a cave or two, came back and he was fine.

#3 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

yea happened to me too. I think i just fast traveled around and did some bullshit, think i wasted a in-game week.

#4 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:12 AM

i have a differnt problem with this quest, i got all the ingredients, blood, and ashes to the witch, she says to come back in a day and when i come back shes in the basement but i cant go down there because it requires a key, i also waited about 4 days and still the same. blink.gif i went down there earlier with no problem, i wanted to get the 5000 for doing this quest but i guess not.

#5 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

i had to wait 3 more days. nvm

#6 Dekedence

Dekedence

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:41 PM

I hate been a vampire. I made a spell which casts Resist Disease 100% for 30 seconds; I put it as a hotkey when I enter a place with vampires and cast it everytime I start to fight someone.

I finally got my Illusion and Mystism upto 75 yesterday; felt kinda like cheating because I just got Minor Detect Life and cast it for about 1 hour. The music was blasting out the 360 and me and my mates were chilling so I thought I may as well do something that requires no input.

Found out that this "Immobilise" spell I bought will finally work...paralyze for 7 seconds. Its kick ass, most people and creatures will just fall to the floor and I'll slash the crap out of them with Chillend.

#7 methusa

methusa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(Pantera Opeth @ Jun 24 2006, 08:12 PM) View Post

So, I was turned into a vampire, decided to do the mission to get the cure so I could walk around during the day without dying. But I'm stuck at the point where the Count asks you to give him 24 hours or so to grieve. I waited 24 hours and tried to talk to him and that other person that's always with him or whatever, and all they do is either ask me to leave or to wait (without giving me any choices to pick for talking to them). I think I'm stuck in some sort of loop, which is kind of annoying since I cannot go any further in the main quest until I can ask the Count to aid Bruma. So if anyone has an Idea for what I should, that'd be great.

i have the same problem have waited weeks, in game and out and no solution, did anyone find a fix for this?

#8 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:05 PM

its an in game glitch from my understanding, and unfortunately it looks like the patch isn't going to be free
http://xbox360.ign.c...8/718045p1.html

looks like they are packing the patch and some expansion content together (or at least thats my understanding of the article)

Titled The Vile Lair, the new expansion is currently scheduled to release this Thursday, July 13 for PC for $1.89 via the official Oblivion download site When asked, Bethesda commented the Xbox 360 version should be up on the Marketplace at the same time.

if pc users have to pay, i doubt 360 users will get it free.

Edited by Reaper527, 12 July 2006 - 05:06 PM.

#9 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:37 PM

This actually looks like a pretty good download i wonder what city it will be in/ close to. maybe you go down a well in imperial city,now that would be cool. i hope there is good storage i need somewhere else to start putting my stuff other than one chest and cupboard in the frostcarg spire. im staying up till 12 tonight to get this download and ill review back to you guys. biggrin.gif its funny i only had 150 XBL points anyways.

Edited by I Am Aurora, 12 July 2006 - 06:43 PM.

#10 Dekedence

Dekedence

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(I Am Aurora @ Jul 12 2006, 06:44 PM) View Post

I hope there is good storage i need somewhere else to start putting my stuff other than one chest and cupboard in the frostcarg spire.

You do realise that there's about 15 chests in the Vault section of Frostcrag spire right?

#11 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:40 PM

what i meant was like display cases. and frostcarg spire is really lacking in the 'house' department.

#12 Dekedence

Dekedence

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(I Am Aurora @ Jul 12 2006, 10:47 PM) View Post

what i meant was like display cases. and frostcarg spire is really lacking in the 'house' department.

I don't care for display cases too much. You can't successfully put that much stuff in there and can't really display weapons properly. In Rosethorn Hall, I have 1 of the bedroom display cases full of Daedric weapons; so many that they jingle constantly. Downstairs is the only display case I have done properly; where I have Chillrend and Rocksmasher.

As for displaying daggers I found it easier to use the small stack of shelves and stand them up on their side. So far I have Sufferhorn, Witsplinter and Langourwine Dagger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users