manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

the wink was for knowing it was personal information haha.

as for your script, are you using xbmcmail? or is this a different script?

also, audi, i'm not sure if textures.xprs are completely out. i think the in the future those will be released which will only blades to be edited. for now, you're right, wallpapers are better, but in the future textures could replace wallpapers since it edits the blades as well.

#62 Nagi

Nagi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

This is a good mod. Good going main that is really sweet

#63 remedee

remedee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:38 PM

All drawbacks aside, I still love the idea of the xpr packs because they allow you to change the themes right on the appearance tab. The intergration of the wallpaper packs is nice, BUT, you still have to go to System -> Appearance -> Themes and select just the blade theme? Then go back to the Guide and through 5 more screens and locate the folder your themes are in, hope they're named properly. Nevermind digging through the folders for a novice user etc. Then you still have to back out of all of the settings options to see how everything looks. I can't possibly be the only one that thinks selecting the Theme from the Appearance tab is MUCH easier. AND you can still use custom images on individual blades if you like.

I'm not at all knocking the efforts of Team BB in incorporating the wallpaper management, but I still think it has some serious drawbacks when compared to the xpr method. I know that XBMCTex is compiled with the xdk, but that issue is being worked on as well. Guess I just feel the downloading and installing of one xpr file can be made FAR more user friendly than trying to determine a "default" download or theme directory etc.

Even if Team BB wanted to keep the xpr files locked, why not release the skin itself in Skin packs, I.E. MC360, MC360 Glass, MC360 Carbon. Then allow the setting of the themed xpr files? There wouldn't be any additional work required on the part of the skin, other than using the Carbon/Glass images in the default Textures.xpr file. The rest of the skin would remain intact, so there would be no need to code multiple versions and would allow the Team to maintain their intellectual property and not have their Carbon/Glass xpr files exposed.

I dunno, I'm rambling on because maybe I'm missing something. I don't understand how it could be easier for the Team to completely code a wallpaper manager from scratch, rather than just explain how to properly set up the xpr files for easy distrobution. Oh, and on that note, if someone feels that distributing xpr files is not legal because they are created with XBMCTex, which is compiled with the xdk, then how come the skin itself is freely available for download?
</rant>

I really like the idea of the Marketplace and think you guys are doing a great job so far. I'm just not ready to give up completely on the idea of selecting my themes or packs from the appearance tab, rather than going 10 steps to travel 2. If the xpr method fails miserably, oh well, but if it finally becomes a viable option, I think the automated downloading and installing of themes will be made far easier for developers and end users alike.

#64 warlion

warlion

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:00 AM

for the people that already download the market place i made a mod script to browse and see a preview of the theme before you download , i hope you like it

http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry3514068

#65 TiOeM

TiOeM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:00 AM

I posted some suggestions in another thread but I'd like to post them here as well...
Here's my suggestions of some Scripts that should be built into "XBMC live marketplace"

First would be to copy what TiVo and TiVo Online Services can do.
That's:
Include a TV Guide and recording interface for your TiVo
Yahoo! Photos = My Photo's Online
Yahoo! Weather = XBMC already has it built in!
Yahoo! Traffic = View Traffic for specific locations
Live365 Radio Network = Listen to Radio Online
Fandango = Movie Listings and Trailer Previews
Podcasts = Listen or watch podcasts

All of which would be great to have on XBMC.

Some other ideas I have are integrating the Ooba Script into the "XBMC live marketplace" because it's compatible with so many "Viral Media" websites and another one is a lyric script for your music.

Some other new ideas would be to have Pandora.com, Orb.com and a chat (i.e. MSN or AIM) client

I think these are the top Scripts people would LOVE to have included with "XBMC live marketplace" on top of a trainer download script, maps (Memesis3) download, and a emulator launcher.

#66 manturafs

manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:25 AM

most of those items you listed are availabe through xbmcscripts.com or the script downloads option in live marketplace. you just need to download them and access them via scripts.

TV Guide = myTV (can't record because there is no tv input)
Radio = kmlbrowser, etc
movie listings = xmovieguide (if i remember right though, it's outdated)
podcasts = xpodder and xbox podcast
lyrics = xbmclyrics
the other scripts are great ideas and you should post them in the xbmc python scripting forum.

as for marketplace specific, i've thought about ooba and mimesis, and ooba still has a chance. mimesis doesn't have a chance because it's made with XDK. that was my original idea until i found that out. as for trainers, working on it, but the site i'm working with hasn't responded to my emails and not really sure if i want to add a trainer section to my website. an emulator launcher is sweet and i've been following that, but to me, that would be in xbox arcade.

live marketplace is similar to xbox live where you can get content for your xbox, not necessarily stream or anything related to internet. that's more scripts. i do like your ideas though and would personally love up to date traffic.

and in case you are curious, i will be shooting out an update sometime soon to fix some bugs and give a little extra

#67 TiOeM

TiOeM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 06:59 AM

manturafs,
Thanks for the compliment.
To most people, python scripts is an unknown feature, thus they lack the attention they need to keep them up to date. I suggested those scripts in hopes they come as default in "XBMC live content".

If MC 360 is the new default skin and "XBMC live" gets integrated into it, then at least they will get the attention they need to keep them up to date and become easier to manage.

And also if you haven't read the suggestions thread, I had another one regarding Background downloading.

A "Download Manager" Script that works in the background in conjunction with the media scripts (i.e. GameTrailers, Movie Trailers, Possibly even the Gaves Saves script). So it queues your downloads rather than having you wait one at a time as you select the media you want to see/download.

beerchug.gif Here's to my suggestions becoming a reality on "XBMC live content"!

Edited by TiOeM, 02 July 2006 - 07:08 AM.

#68 Oen386

Oen386

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:07 AM

TiOem I have to disagree also. I see Xbmc Live as a place to get more stuff for XBMC, not as a place to make running 3rd party scripts launch.

It would get some more exposure to them, however honestly you must consider the fact then every release those scripts would have to be bundled with the new XBMC, also what if the script updates the day after a T3Ch release, should they immediately release another.. etc.. etc...

If you add too many things it just clutters the simple interface that people enjoy from XBMC. If someone really likes scripts then they will probably go to the lengths you are talking about for making quick launch items for each script etc... however only really hardcore users I think would do such a thing, for most people it is too much.

#69 TiOeM

TiOeM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:28 AM

Oen386,
From the looks of it, I agree that putting lot of those into one window would clutter the interface (that can be fixed), but step back and look at "XBMC live content" for a minute...

First, most of it is customizations (we can put all those into a "customize" window to unclutter the space)

Second its already is a place to make running 3rd party scripts launch..
each and everyone of those buttons is a script, ("XBMC live content"/MC360 update, Themes/Wallpapers, Movie Trailers, etc)
each of which needs to be maintained individually...

Because of that, "XBMC live content" will probably never be bundled with XBMC...but I see it as a downloadable bundle. (Making it a upgrade button leaves less worries for the Blackbolt Team to have to maintain the Live Blade, "JOIN XBMC LIVE" button could appear where "Live Content" button would be once downloaded and updated)

Xbox live is a portal to your online services...its what MS wants the word "LIVE" to mean. I'm merely defining what online services we could bundle to help define LIVE that Xbox LIVE has not. Thus the example of what TiVo Online Services offers...including a few most popular scripts that XBMC user want added on....narrows down what every user would use in front of the TV

Edited by TiOeM, 02 July 2006 - 11:46 AM.

#70 manturafs

manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:16 PM

To prepare for the upcoming release/update to the marketplace, i've added more categories to the website for content uploading. just be smart about how you format the items. the only one that really needs special packaging is splash sound. that needs to be one file named start.wav and zipped without a folder. i'll be adding these categories to the marketplace so that people have more content to download.

start uploading at www.tintense.com

#71 timo1023

timo1023

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(dfmos @ Jun 29 2006, 10:25 PM) View Post

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Will someone work on the 480i version of this please? I should probably get a HDTV Xbox pack, so I can use my Xbox in HD...

#72 manturafs

manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:50 AM

you want a 480i version of the mail script or of the marketplace? if it's the marketplace, it should automatically scale for your screen

as for the upcoming updates, pretty much done with the coding. just have to write one major script and debug. should have a release tomorrow or the day after, unless there is an mc360 release.

#73 timo1023

timo1023

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:28 AM

The mail script. I should be getting the HD Xbox cables soon, but until then, the script won't look right on my TV. It is all bunched up.

Can't wait for the release!

#74 Cr4z33

Cr4z33

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(manturafs @ Jul 2 2006, 09:23 PM) View Post
start uploading at www.tintense.com

You did a great work man, but I was wondering why didn't you just register a xbmclive.com domain instead of that offtopic name? biggrin.gif

#75 manturafs

manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:04 AM

thanks! the new update is pretty much ready. i will definitely release it tomorrow unless some release comes out from MC360. but then it should only be a day delay. i'm just going to upload more content before I upload the update and final testing with those new files. there's pros and cons to the next release but the key is to be patient. smile.gif

as for your question Cr4z33. good question! it's not my domain but the name and space was donated by Azin, a fellow scene member, who owned it before. definitely thank him for the space. i guess we could get xbmclive, but just too lazy. haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users