• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Fighthouse

Fighthouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:18 AM

I just installed a Xenium gold in v1.0 xbox( taking the solder out of those LPC ports was fun dry.gif ). I booted it up after i was done, and to my joy i saw the Xenium OS pop up on my screen! However, when i tried to select Launch menu, i realized that my xbox wasn't taking any input! I tried 2 different controllers, and i know that they are getting power cause they both have buttons on them with LED built in. I did plug in the 2 connections inside that hook up the 4 fron USB/controller ports. Any ideas would be appreciated.

#2 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:33 PM

realistically man the only reason I can think of why the controller ports wouldn't work is if you did neglect to plug the USB connectors into the motherboard properly. I know you said that you did but the first thing I'd do is pull the box apart and double check. Don't just eyeball them, actually pull them off, inspect the pins/plugs to make sure nothing is bent etc and plug them back in.

The only other thing is if your controller has taken a turn for the worse. Try another controller and see if that helps, if not check the USB plugs on the mobo like I said.

#3 Fighthouse

Fighthouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

well i went back inside the box and made sure my connections were tight, and it still didnt work. I am using 3rd party controllers, and was wondering if therein lies the problem. If not, im not sure what else to check/do

#4 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:46 AM

I remember that the layout of the 1.0 boards is different to 1.1 onwards with respect to the USB connections in that the 1.0s have a seprate board or something for the USB hardware. in any case this still shouldn't matter as plenty of people use GOLDs in 1.0 boxes.

What install method did you use? if its not going to be too much of a drama for you you should remove the chip and boot the box normally, see if the controllers work then.

I've used a logitech wireless conrtollers with XOS before with no problems but just to make sure you should try get a hold of a genuine microsft controller and give that a go.

#5 Fighthouse

Fighthouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

I took out the Xenium gold modchip(i used a solderless adapter install), and it booted to the dashboard and my controller worked fine. I put the modchip back in, and the Xenium OS popped up and guess what...there was still no input from the controller. My wired controller has the name Titan on the top-middle of it, and I'm not sure what brand my wireless controller is. But in any case, neither of their inputs are accepted from the Xenium OS. I'll have to get an original MS controller now to check that out, but after that i will be out of ideas...hopefully it works.

#6 Shadow of Light

Shadow of Light

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:27 AM

If you have it, you could always try the DVD remote

#7 Fighthouse

Fighthouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:54 PM

I KNEW IT! I bought an orginal xbox controller(those things are still 20 goddam dollars), and it worked like a charm.

So what we learned here was:
The newest Xenium OS doesn't support (some, but maybe all) third party controllers.

#8 Rabid1

Rabid1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE(Fighthouse @ Jul 6 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post

I KNEW IT! I bought an orginal xbox controller(those things are still 20 goddam dollars), and it worked like a charm.

So what we learned here was:
The newest Xenium OS doesn't support (some, but maybe all) third party controllers.

Actually it is pretty well known some 3rd party controllers don't work. The programmers don't have access to the entire MS database for controllers and with limited memory for the OS some generic controllers are goinf to have problems.

#9 Fighthouse

Fighthouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:13 PM

If its well known how come nobody else(including you Rabid1) let me know sooner?

#10 Rabid1

Rabid1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(Fighthouse @ Jul 7 2006, 05:20 PM) View Post

If its well known how come nobody else(including you Rabid1) let me know sooner?

Probably because 1. I have a life. 2. I don't have time to support every forum on the net after a couple of hours a day on Team Xodus and can only drop in when I have time. 3. If you had bothered to search you would have had your answer the first day you posted.

#11 Fighthouse

Fighthouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:14 AM

im not the one trying to defend my 'rep' in an xbox forum. who has the life now?
Im not really an asshole to everyone, just to people who act condescending when they try to 'help'.
Thanks to everyone else for their input (JONBoy, Shadow of Light), I do appreciate it!

By the way rabid1...if that is your real name...i wont be checking this forum again, so no need to prove to the rest of us you really are cool.

#12 Rabid1

Rabid1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:31 AM

Who was defending their rep? I was stating a fact. The reason I posted was because a noob will read the comment "some, but maybe all" and start spreading it like gospel because they read it and didn't take the time to find out. While maybe I was a little condecending in the second post, it might have been the attitude in your reply that caused it.

#13 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:33 AM

Fighthouse, as far as Xenium gurus go they don't get any better then Rabid. There isn't much he cant tell you about a Xenium and if he couldn't tell you then it's most likely not worth knowing. That said, his time is largely allocated to the teamXodus site as a moderator. Although I'm able to field a good majority of the Xenium related questions I read on xbox-scene, when he has the time it's a pevelidge to have Rabid come in and field the ones that few people can.

If you wont be coming back then thats no loss as the last thing we need around here is disrepect directed at those going out of their way to impart their helpful knowledge on others.

As a final note, you're right in that Rabid need not defend his rep in that after almost two years of helping out on these forums, a harsh reply or two from a spoilt noob is like throwing pebbles against an armoured tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users