• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 UbErScReWeD

UbErScReWeD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:39 AM

My 360 died recently. (Boo) I am getting the 3 red lights on the ring gag. So I tried the old take off the foil crap. Clean off old crap grease and apply arctic silver. Still 3 red lights. And just to make sure airflow wasn't an issue.

IPB Image

My warranty is way gone so thats no help. Can anyone gimme any tips or anything to try or tell me whats wrong. (Error code is 0102 ?)

Edited by UbErScReWeD, 27 June 2006 - 04:50 AM.

#2 taikwondoejoe

taikwondoejoe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE(UbErScReWeD @ Jun 26 2006, 11:46 PM) View Post

My 360 died recently. (Boo) I am getting the 3 red lights on the ring gag. So I tried the old take off the foil crap. Clean off old crap grease and aply arctic silver. Still 3 red lights. And just to make sure airflow wasn't an issue.

IPB Image

My warranty is way gone so thats no help. Can anyone gimme any tips or anything to try or tell me whats wrong. (Error code is 0102 ?)

Pictures not working, try uploading at imageshack.

I think error 0102 is when the system doesn't know whats wrong, so I'm not sure if thats fixable

#3 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

From the pinned:
0102 unknown error - littereally means the console does not know what is wrong. possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere (2 reports of people repairing this, one was removing moisture build up inside the console, the other used a hot-air rework to reflow the BGA Ram chips)

#4 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(UbErScReWeD @ Jun 26 2006, 10:46 PM) View Post
My 360 died recently. (Boo) I am getting the 3 red lights on the ring gag. So I tried the old take off the foil crap. Clean off old crap grease and apply arctic silver. Still 3 red lights. And just to make sure airflow wasn't an issue.

What color is the led on your psu? If it is red, unplug the ENTIRE psu from the wall and let it sit for 20 minutes. Then turn the console back on and you'll be ok for a while. You'll need a new psu if this is the case. If the light is green then your psu is probably ok. Next, when you boot up feel the components. Is your gpu heatsink warm? Is the cpu heatsink warm? Is the southbridge warm? Are the ram chips warm? Take a look at these things and if they are anything more than warm then you need to cool them. The time it takes to get the error screen should not be enough for a component to get hot so if it is, there is a serious problem.

Edit: I forgot another common 360 problem. With your 360 unplugged shake the mobo. The orientation sensor sometimes does not make contact and so the 360 will give an error. Shaking it forces the ball inside the sensor to make contact and it will boot. This is why smacking the 360 works to repair it when the console is assembled.

Edited by BCfosheezy, 27 June 2006 - 02:49 PM.

#5 UbErScReWeD

UbErScReWeD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:01 PM

PSU is green and positional sensor seems to be fine because the 3 red lights move when i tilt it.

#6 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(UbErScReWeD @ Jun 27 2006, 01:08 PM) View Post
PSU is green and positional sensor seems to be fine because the 3 red lights move when i tilt it.

Well you could always tell MS that you plugged it in and the top blew off. uhh.gif

#7 UbErScReWeD

UbErScReWeD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:10 AM

Well. A long chat with many different support representatives and my warranty was magically renewed for the lovely value price of $0 dollars. I hope they don't notice the arctic silver. blink.gif

#8 neoed30

neoed30

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE(UbErScReWeD @ Jun 27 2006, 10:17 PM) View Post

Well. A long chat with many different support representatives and my warranty was magically renewed for the lovely value price of $0 dollars. I hope they don't notice the arctic silver. blink.gif

If I may ask? How did you manage that? huh.gif

#9 HavocImpaler

HavocImpaler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(UbErScReWeD @ Jun 27 2006, 04:46 AM) View Post

IPB Image

mine exactly such you... first starts to freeze, so Ring of Doom... error 0102.
I replaced the Arctic Silver 5, etc... Still 3 red lights.
So I noticed the fans are weak than before. So with the console opened, I take out these white plastic plate from the fans and kept it ON until the fans speed up enough.
So turned OFF and did a restart, so it boot up fine. such few hous after working fine, the same history happened... freeze, donīt boot, Ring of death, etc.
what could be wrong with this ?

#10 UbErScReWeD

UbErScReWeD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:27 AM

I think mine might possibly have had to do with the rapid change in heat in my area. The temperatures rose rather quickly and could have done damage to the machine before my attempts at fixing it.

#11 ChitownChris45

ChitownChris45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:52 PM

My 360 got the 3 red lights about two days ago, at first if i let it sit awhile i coudl turn it on and play awhile, but now it wont even boot it just goes straight to the 3 red lights. My warranty is gone so im trying anything. I hear that it might be an issue with cancelling the live downloads, like its a software error. Some People suggest, if yours can even boot, going to systems and delete all the incomplete downloads from the harddrive, because that is what could be affecting the boot software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users