• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 casemon

casemon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

Great skin, feels like what a modern media center should feel like.

Read the rules & searched the forums, so if this is known please excuse the dupe. Simple problem, not sure if it's the skin or if it is XBMC (or both!?) but here goes;

If SMB connect fails (example: selecting SMB from Video without changing SMB details in XBoxMediaCenter.xml) it asks for a password. If that fails, then it says it fails and asks you to try again. If you select "Back" in either case (as the skin suggests) it just loops, meaning you're stuck between 2 fail messages and have to reboot your XBox; no combination of buttons that I tried would allow me to cancel the SMB connection and I ended up having to soft reset.

Just thought you should know. Might sound like a rare problem, until you consider the default SMB names are non-existant so 1st time users (who haven't edited their SMB details) might in-advertantly have a very short and disappointing M360 experience.

One way of dealing with this might be to prompt for SMB details if they are found to be default at launch, then disable SMB if the user doesn't want to use SMB. Similarly with the Gamercard & weather; if these fields are default or empty then the skin asks the user to fill it in and offers "don't show me this again". Would need a settings page to say "check for this and that at launch".

my 0.02, hope this helps make a great skin even better!

#2 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

Sounds like an XBMC problem to be honest.

I will check into it, also there is a sub forum for bugs.

#3 JuGGaLo42069

JuGGaLo42069

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:01 AM

I am no expert by any means, but i also had this issue trying to connect to my computer. It kept asking for the username and password. After about 2 weeks of trial and error, I found the problem to be because my computer was wireless and my Xbox was wired. Now when i wired my computer to the router, it worked just fine. Now to this day I have not figured out how exactly to make SMB work with a computer that is wireless. I don't know if this solution will work for you or not, it did for me. But now my computer has to be wired. Still waiting for someone to figure out how to get it working with a computer on wireless.

Edited by JuGGaLo42069, 02 July 2006 - 03:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users