6 replies to this topic

#1 mrpowerbook345

mrpowerbook345

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:44 PM

so what the fuck happened??? it would make sense if it was a 1.6 and i flashed it with the wrong bios, but it had a focus chip in it so i thought it would be alright. if this was a 1.5 then i guess the contacts on the board wernt soldered correctly and the connectivity fucked up during the flash casuing an incomplete write... it went right to flashing and finished way to fast, i thot this was a bad sign and low and behold it was. i used the mech assault game save package downloaded off xbins a while ago and it never failed me so far, so why would it do this now??? is the only way to fix it is installing a modchip? i'm so pissed off cuz i only asked for 20 dollars to do this fucking mod, and now i gotta giv the dude my own xbox...

ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

#2 caster420

caster420

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:32 AM

Hmm... well, you can't flash the tsop on a v1.6 since it doesnt have a true tsop. What did you flash? Evox, raincoat? Kernel version seems off for a v1.5, which is 5101 i think. It wasnt your write enable points because it would have given you an error. What bios did you try to flash? What kind of tsop?

Caster.

#3 mrpowerbook345

mrpowerbook345

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:15 AM

it's a windbond bios, i used raincoat. I connected the usual 1.5 points and it booted up fine, then i load the prog and it says erasing... then jumps to writing then it immedietly said "done.. rebooting.." and rebooted in arround 30 seconds, but was fragging. bios was an xecuter 4981.06 or something like that. I've modded over 140 xboxs and have never encountered this problem ever, or this fucking kernel. I'm asuming it flashed it with an incompatible bios.. i tried to install an xecuter 2.2 pro (never installed a modchip, just tsops) and i am worried it didnt install correctly, or i destroyed a trace or two, or the modchpi could be broken or not even have a bios on it, so i guess its a worthless piece of trash now. if any of you people want it, make me an offer. it has a thompson drive, mfg 2004 something or other. sorry im really drunk and high now, and probibally made lots of spelling errors.

#4 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:14 AM

You could get yourself an Xray3 chip to recover the TSOP, but I can't understand what you did or why it failed. Something mustn't have been done right. That bios would work alright, you didn't happen to modify it at all? Maybe it became corrupted somehow.

Anyway, that's history now, sounds like you totally stuffed it with that modchip install blink.gif

#5 mrpowerbook345

mrpowerbook345

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:01 PM

im planning on doing more mods soon, should i get new copies of these files first?? i don't get it, these files worked fine for like 80 xboxs.. just my luck!

#6 mrpowerbook345

mrpowerbook345

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

wouldnt it be easier to try installing a modchip, than to install one of those 29 wire deals? and how does it work? do you have to unsolder the fucking thing after it boots up, THEN flash the motherboard of the xbox? or does it have special software for doing this?

#7 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE(mrpowerbook345 @ Jun 29 2006, 02:43 AM) View Post

wouldnt it be easier to try installing a modchip, than to install one of those 29 wire deals? and how does it work? do you have to unsolder the fucking thing after it boots up, THEN flash the motherboard of the xbox? or does it have special software for doing this?

The trouble with the LPC based modchips is once you boot from them you totally disable the onboard TSOP - that's what the D0 point is for.

The 29 wire Xray modchip while being a bit of pain to install basically piggybacks the data lines from the TSOP so once you boot from the modchip, you can disable it and then reflash the TSOP. Once you know the Xbox will boot from the TSOP you can then remove the Xray.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users