X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:28 PM

Hello Everyone,

This is basically what happend... A mod chip was unsuccessfully put on my xbox and ended up killing it. All it does when I turn it on is show a blank screen. I still had a whole bunch of saved games on the HDD and now I was wondering if there is any way of getting those saved games off the HDD. I don't have the eeprom from the killed xbox because the mod was screwed up. Is there still hope or do I have to kiss my saved games good bye ? Thank you, and I appreciate any help I can get with this.

#2 zixxec

zixxec

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:37 PM

O_O Try to hook it up to your PC and then copy them over? Aren't you going to try to salvage the box?

#3 war-nerve

war-nerve

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:57 PM

I'm not going to attemp to rapair my xbox again because one of the traces near a soldering point was damaged. There was a tutorial I found on xbox-scene that explained how to rapair a traces on the xbox board and I tried it to no success. Right now I have a softmodded xbox that I use. I would just like to know if there's a way to get all the saved games off my screwed up xbox's hard drive.... lol... I admit that I didn't try to connect it to my pc and see if it can read it that way only because I think that my pc won't be able to read a HDD in FatX format.... or am I totally looking at this the wrong way.

Thanks.

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:56 AM

If your HD is locked, your PC won't be able to read it.

There is a banner that shows up here offering to unlock HDs under 20 gigs free. I think the software is HDDunlock. You could search for it. I don't think it screws up the data on the drive.

After getting it unlocked, there are two ways about it.

First you could get Xplorer360 and connect the HD to your PC. You should be able to read the HD that way.

Second is to put a game save exploit on a mem card. Lock the HD with the eeprom from your softmodded Xbox. Put the old HD in your softmodded Xbox, copy the game save exploit over, run the game and get FTP access.

Hope these work for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users