• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jansjogren

jansjogren

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 05:48 PM

I have installed my Xecuter 2 Pro with pogopins. The flashing of Xecuter2_4976.02_MultiVer_256k went perfect, and I enabled the modchip. I made a (supposed-to-be) bootable CDRW from the tutorials on this site and tried to run it, but it was not accepted.

I tried burning it on different CDRW media and in different burners, but it still does not work.

My problem now is that I don't know if it is the modchip that is not properly aligned or the boot disc that is faulty. Is there any way I can tell if the modchip is "in effect"? I thought that if you could flash it, it was properly installed.

I also cannot play dvd's from the wrong region, but again, I don't know if that is something you are supposed to be able to do only through the modchip or if it has something to do with the dashboard.

I guess I should solder the chip to be sure, but I'm not that good at it and if I can make it work without it I would be relieved.

Thankful for help,

Jan

#2 chris67rs

chris67rs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Mods
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 May 2003 - 05:53 PM

if the mod chip is in effect you will see this instead of M$ logo

user posted image

#3 jansjogren

jansjogren

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 06:00 PM

Thank you, that was easy enough.

Now where is my soldering iron... (sigh)

/Jan

#4 Terroth

Terroth

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:43 PM

make a boot disk with boxplorer and your evox shit sepeat. That way if the chip is working you will be able to get into boxplorer. P.S. Use GDFImage.exe, you have to use command promt, but it has never failed me yet with CD-RW. Oh, use nero 5.5.1.0, email me at terroth@canada.com if you want the crack.

#5 chris67rs

chris67rs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Mods
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:47 PM

I dont think its a good idea nor would the forum moderators advise you to provide "cracks" were skating on thin ice as is. I suggest in the future you do not reference your pirated software on a public monitored forum

Good one buddy!

#6 nosnam

nosnam

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:U need your PS2 or xbox modded, check me out @ http://nosnam.home.comcast.net<br><br>
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:44 AM

I had the same problem, I tried it 20 - 30 times different media, etc. I ended up flashing it back to 4974 and guess what it ork first try with every cd. My personal original backuped games booted fine all the time though. Try this and hope it helps you out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users