Help With New Hd
Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:36 AM
This may sound a little silly, by I also need to know where the game saves are kept. Also if I format the xbox HD will i need to do anything else to get it working for my PC vice versa?
Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:18 AM
So you're taking the 200GB HD thats in your xbox and switching it with the 80GB HDD that's in your PC?
I'm not sure if this is the best way, but without doing any in-depth research here's what I'd do..
1. Download XboxHDM v1.9
2. FTP files from Xbox C,E, and the EEPROM into matching folders
3. Create and Burn the ISO
4. Stick the 200GB into your PC while keeping the 80GB in also, so it should load Windows
5. Go into My Computer and Right-Click-->Format on the 200GB, Now it should be FAT32
6. Copy files from 80 to 200 (This will take a looooong time if you have a lot of stuff)
7. Take out 80 and check if the 200 works in your PC(loads Windows, has the files you want, etc.)
8. If it does, then take out the 200 and rehook up the 80 to PC
9. Turn on PC and put in CD that you burned XboxHDM ISO to
10. Follow this tutorial starting at "BOOTING XBOXHDM ( First setup your computer to boot from cd):"
Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:32 AM
thanks for the above
Edited by Deftrix, 01 July 2006 - 06:33 AM.
Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:14 AM
i was planning on reinstalling windows on the 200gig aswell.
Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:29 AM
modchip, aladin xt. cheapo .
then ignore everything in post #2.
Plug in your new drive, and run AID or Slayers ( with your alt. bios), choose to do a full install/rebuild. done.
gotta love modchips, even cheapos.....
Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:19 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users