Photo

Transfer Files From Xbox Hdd To Pc Hdd Without Network?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teleboss

teleboss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 06:22 AM

Hi!

I would like to know if there is a way to transfer files from an Xbox HDD to a PC HDD without using the network method? Preferably by plugging in the Xbox HDD into the PC and boot it in some way to be able to access the files. I remember trying this once, using some XBFS tool to access the HDD, but with no result.

/tboss

PS. The reason I ask is because during a lightning storm a few years ago, my Xbox was plugged in to the outlet, and then a bolt must've hit either my house or nearby, causing the network chip to fry. Thus no more network on that Xbox. And let me tell you, it gets fairly crippled with a damaged network adapter - most new games stalls during initialization (fails to find network adapter) and you have to use DVD to transfer even the smallest of files. Anyone else who's had this misfortune happen to them?

#2 miketaylor

miketaylor

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Xbox repairer (as a hobby only)
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:41 AM

there are tools availiable to veiw files on your xbox. fatx explorer, look on xbox-scene's tools areea, there are loads, but make sure the drive is unlocked before you try any of them!!! (Also, i think you can mount xbox hard drives in unix/linux, but most people use much inferior OS's...).
tell us a bit more about you xbox. HDD size, chip (if any), dash... etc
MiKe

#3 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:27 PM

depending on how many files ur transferring, you could use a usb stick if u have a slot on ur xbox. you should really just network your box though, makes life a shitload easier, and its cheaper than going out an buying a usb port and stick, and installing the port on ur xbox. plus you can then back up ur games, and transfer over roms, trainers, wallpaper, programs, etc.

#4 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(War_Machine @ Jul 2 2006, 09:34 AM) View Post
depending on how many files ur transferring, you could use a usb stick if u have a slot on ur xbox. you should really just network your box though, makes life a shitload easier, and its cheaper than going out an buying a usb port and stick, and installing the port on ur xbox. plus you can then back up ur games, and transfer over roms, trainers, wallpaper, programs, etc.
In the first post, teleboss stated that:
QUOTE(teleboss @ Jul 1 2006, 11:29 PM) View Post
a few years ago, my Xbox was plugged in to the outlet, and then a bolt must've hit either my house or nearby, causing the network chip to fry. Thus no more network on that Xbox.

After trying the software methods already posted, if you would rather have a more permanent solution to your problem, a few members, such as Perplexer, can replace the ethernet PHY chip on the motherboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users