4 replies to this topic

#1 PhilC

PhilC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

Hi,

A friend of mine has a modded XBox which an Xecuter2 chip in, (no idea which one!) but it has a standard hard drive. We've been out today and bought a 160GB drive to replace the standard one. The tutorials seem fairly easy but...

( a ) The XBox came with EvoX already on and we have no idea where/how to make a boot disk from the files on the XBox;

( b ) Is it possible to just ghost his original drive to this one and plug that in?;

( c ) If not, do we have to format the new drive before putting it into the XBox?

Any help would be greatly appriciated,

Cheers,

Phil.

Edited by PhilC, 02 July 2006 - 02:31 PM.

#2 the guy who

the guy who

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

Use xbhdm to format the hdd. Get it from the usual place, it has a fairly easy readable script. Any information about it that you need is in the tut or readme included in the package.

#3 PhilC

PhilC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:58 PM

The tutorials dont really help me as i havent a clue where to get EvoX from, or how to make a boot disc...

So your saying ghosting wouldn't work?

#4 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:23 PM

or use slayers, first put the new hd in your xbox boot up slayers, format the drive and then install
the apps that you want, only thing about slayers is its outta date so everything needs updating.
if you wanted you can ftp the contents of the old hd to your pc then back to the new one once
you format it.
i suggest readin the pinned topics in the hardware forum for more info on installing hd's,
btw you can get evo-x from xbins

#5 PhilC

PhilC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

You shoudl reply to my questions all the time. Nice and simple. Thank you very much mate! cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users