Graphics/SOTW Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Hazanko

Hazanko

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:GFX, Computers, Life, Friends, the basics i suppose ;) i like to fool around with my Xbox also tho.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:06 PM

ok, since the last sotw discussion thread has been unpinned and closed, we're starting up the second runnings for it!

this forum is a little different than the SOTW discussion thread, being that it containts not only sotw but other graphics happenings.

things you can do:
  • Discuss the next SOTW theme.
  • Discuss another designer's current sig.
  • Discuss the entries and other things SOTW related.
things you can't do
  • no flaming other members.
  • if you have a complaint with a member, don't litter the forum with them.
  • keep negative, combative, and/or hassasing comments to a minimum
  • not complying with XS rules(sig dimensions, multiple images, etc etc.), will get you warned.
alright, so hopefully we can continue this new beginning with a little more fun! wink.gif

Edited by Hazanko, 02 July 2006 - 11:12 PM.

#2 h34d5h0tz

h34d5h0tz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Interests:http://www.pbase.com/h43d5h0tz/xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:09 AM

so we are nearing the voting period of our first team sotw, how are we going to vote? is it one vote per team? or one vote per person?

#3 w2kj

w2kj

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:21 AM

IMHO I think it should be individual votes; but like in the past....don't vote for yourself or your team.

#4 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(w2kj @ Jul 10 2006, 06:28 PM) View Post

IMHO I think it should be individual votes; but like in the past....don't vote for yourself or your team.

agreed

#5 Modderxtrordanare

Modderxtrordanare

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:43 AM

My idea would involve the members saying what part of the sig they did. Then have everyone vote for what sig and whos part they liked best. One vote per person, no voting for you or your team. Then, when everyone finishes voting, tally the teams votes up and get an average.

Example:

Team A:
Member 1 and Member 2 make a sig, Member 1 does the left half and Member 2 does the right.
Member 1 gets four votes for his half and Member 2 gets two votes for his half. So Team A got an average of 3 votes for their sig.

Team B:
Member 3 and Member 4 make a sig, Member 3 does the basics of the sig, and Member 4 does all the details.
Member 3 gets no votes for his part of the sig and Member 4 gets five votes for his part. So Team A got an average of 2.5 votes for their sig.

EDIT: I had a second idea here, but I didn't like it too much. If anyone wants to hear about it, just say so.

#6 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:24 AM

i dont think its important to say what each person did, so far its pretty obvious, at least to me

#7 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:40 AM

Considering it's a team SOTW, the votes should count as one per sig/team. If you were going to count votes per individual, you should have just made a regular SOTW. A team's effort went into making the sig. The votes should count for the sig not for the individual. On top of that, individual voting would be needlessly confusing for something like this.

For example, using individual voting:

Team 1:
Member A gets 5 votes.
Member B gets 2 votes.

Team 2:
Member A gets 0 votes.
Member B gets 5 votes.

Team 3:
Member A gets 5 votes.
Member B gets 5 votes.

That would be a four-way tie between T1MA, T2MB, T3MA and T3MB. Would these four individuals have to dissect the part of each sig that they worked on and get re-voted on, or will team votes then be counted? The former is clearly ridiculous. The latter would net Team 3 an easy victory with 10 votes. With all that trouble, it would have just been easier to vote one per sig/team from the start.

Mild rant: The of-the-week in the name is misleading. SOTW started early last August. We should be in the high 40s as far as contests go, but the last contest that was done was 22. Something is clearly amiss. For a while now, regular sig-of-the-week contests have been clocking in at about 2 to 2.5 weeks; this TSOTW could take even longer with the "registration" period, the submission, and the voting. You might have to change its name to team-sig-of-the-three-weeks or even the dreaded team-sig-of-the-month if there's a tie. There needs to be a new way to do things. As voting is going on for one contest, open another for submissions.

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jul 10 2006, 10:01 PM) View Post
i dont think its important to say what each person did, so far its pretty obvious, at least to me
It's not obvious to people that casually drop by the graphics section just to vote. 'Tis another example of how individual voting would be confusing.

Edited by metaldevil, 11 July 2006 - 03:50 AM.

#8 juanman

juanman

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:45 AM

IM BACK EVERYONE!!!
now to the subject

all of the tsotw sigs kickass, all look very nice, so far all of them look they have alot of teamwork going for them, not one of them has an element from one person overshadowing the others work. i iwsh i wouldve been able to sign up for the contest, but theres always next time.

btw, i got two new sigs to add here that i made while i was gone.

how do they look??? (and a half finished popout sig for the dd sotw... i never finished it... if anyone wants to psd to finish it you can have it, ill just have to upload it to filefront or something...)
IPB Image
IPB Image

and the half finished one, its a shame, someone should do something better with the sig, the car is such a beast...
IPB Image

#9 chuxterofdoom

chuxterofdoom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 04:40 AM

Look it ol' ocelot pimpin his works. Stop hogging the limelight ya drunk. tongue.gif

Anyway, Yeah I don't like the thought of voting on each individual's work. It is a Team SOTW afterall like Metal said. I for one am glad metaldevil is here to put things in order and ocelot to screw them up*just kidding* wink.gif .

Now let's get to voting and have some pop.gif .

#10 socalx

socalx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:07 AM

hmm but what about the people who couldnt enter and what not do they still vote or just the tems will vote?

#11 chuxterofdoom

chuxterofdoom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(socalx @ Jul 11 2006, 02:14 AM) View Post

hmm but what about the people who couldnt enter and what not do they still vote or just the tems will vote?

Oh I imagine everyone should vote. Enter of not. Everyone in this forum should vote. beerchug.gif

#12 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:06 PM

yea I dont think we have enough teams to really decide who one

I think it should just be everyone has one vote but votes for a team, not each individual, thats the point of TSOTW. I think metal probably said all this, but I skimmed and saw the word rant so i skipped it biggrin.gif .

#13 Hazanko

Hazanko

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:GFX, Computers, Life, Friends, the basics i suppose ;) i like to fool around with my Xbox also tho.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:30 PM

i do believe we're going to just go by the everyone votes for a single team. that seems like it wouldd make the the most sense and everything.

#14 Modderxtrordanare

Modderxtrordanare

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:37 PM

Makes sense, then we would have the most votes. Instead of half the total votes if it was one per team.

#15 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Jul 11 2006, 10:29 PM) View Post

IPB Image

what does that say on the top right? is it bleed blood?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users