• 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:39 AM

Probably some sort of PMC?

#77 Hazanko

Hazanko

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:GFX, Computers, Life, Friends, the basics i suppose ;) i like to fool around with my Xbox also tho.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:53 AM

if everyone's interested, i can start a SOTW up?

#78 whiteboytroy

whiteboytroy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:05 AM

sure the more the merrier

#79 Modderxtrordanare

Modderxtrordanare

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:06 AM

Didn't we stop doing those for a reason?

#80 _GhOsT_

_GhOsT_

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:45 AM

didnt awal say no more SOTW

#81 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:21 PM

I wouldn't be against a SOTW rebirth as long as everyone keeps a level head and respects each other's work. We might have to simplify the rules, too. For instance, 5 or 6 basic rules, not a U.S.-Constitution-sized post full of rules. We may have to allow for do-overs because that rule (the no do-over rule) has done more damage than good. It doesn't have to be infinite do-overs; one or two would suffice. That would allow entrants to fix any problems with their sigs such as image size, text, or even to remake a sig entirely to stand a better chance against fellow contestants.

It's not my decision to make; it's yours. If you guys think we should bring the SOTW back while keeping things peaceful, then we'll give it serious consideration. I'm sure a lot of you miss SOTW. I know I do. Although I stopped entering somewhere in the teens, I still enjoyed the entries you guys made. A lot of those knocked my socks off. lol I have new socks now, so no worries. wink.gif

#82 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

_IPC has started.

#83 Hazanko

Hazanko

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:GFX, Computers, Life, Friends, the basics i suppose ;) i like to fool around with my Xbox also tho.

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

i do agree with the whole rule thing, the rules had started like that before i ever started moderating, and frankly i was never sure why they were so strict. if you could agree/disagree/suggest on the new rules i've come up with below, that'd be nice.

• SOTW DESIGN THEME WILL GO HERE(whatever that may be, this will change obviously)
  • Max dimensions are 450x140, no exceptions
    • you may do any sig size beneath this one(as before).
  • No animations - unless otherwise stated in the them, if theme permits you may not use it as your default Xbox-Scene signature(as this goes against XS rules).
  • No nudity, racism, or suggestive themes are allowed
    • your signature will be removed from the contest and you will be reported.
  • Please follow proper Xbox Scene rules & guidelines, as we're still within the boundries of the rules even in the graphics section.
  • You are allowed as many text-based changes to your entry as needed, and you are allowed 1 new entry
    • this may include correcting a spelling error, or changing the subtext, anything else please contact a graphics moderator(Hazanko, Awal or metaldevil) if you have any question.
tell me how those sound, i'm thinking these will be pretty close to final rules if everyone is ok with them.

Edited by metaldevil, 05 January 2007 - 12:30 AM.

#84 whiteboytroy

whiteboytroy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

sounds good

#85 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:XBOX

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(_GhOsT_ @ Jan 4 2007, 12:52 AM) View Post
didnt awal say no more SOTW

nope never sad.gif
It seemed that there was a lack of support for it and to be honest, I was tired of doing it. Besides, no one stepped up and said that they would take control of it. But it would be cool if we wanted to start up again. (it will be A LOT easier now that there are 5 moderators for the graphics section)

Edited by awal, 05 January 2007 - 01:12 AM.

#86 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:07 AM

^agreed.

You know, because it's just a contest for fun, we really don't need to follow x-s's sig rules so long as we don't use them as sigs.

Like if you make a sig thats 450x200, that could be fine for the contest it's just you can't use it as your current sig. That way the 450x141 entry wouldn't have to be disqualified.

You could make animated sigs as an entry and use a still picture as your current sig.

Everyone wants to have fun here, but no one wants to be eliminated by a technicality. Maybe we could be a little more relaxed on the rules for the entries.

Rules for current sigs would be separate.

#87 socalx

socalx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:06 PM

^^ yah i agree since it is just for fun cuz not every sig looks good at that size.but we should have a minimum and maximum size tho encase someone just gets ridiculous with it

#88 Hazanko

Hazanko

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:48 AM

i'm really thinking that the size dimensions should stay the same, but there WILL be a bit more leniancy than what was offered earlier.

animated signatues are still a no-no in my mind... as i think that an animated signature is nearly a completely different breed than an un-animated one, and including both into a contest would not be fair. especially since people who use paint.net and other 3rd party software(software other than photoshop rather) wouldn't have an opportunity to submit anything animated. gotta keep things as fair as possible, while not completely nazi-tizing everything.

without question anything innapropriate should not be entered, for obvious reasons.

SOTW was closed earlier because moderation was a "bit" shorthanded, and flaming and the like was getting much too out of hand. us moderators aren't here to handle EVERY single little confrontation, not in my opinion should we be handing out warnings for miniscule things. it's deciding the line between everything that makes things much too complicated, thus SOTW was closed and discontinued for the above reasons.

rules govern everything, if there wasn't rules nothing would work - but at the same time too many rules can create trouble, and people rebel. while the new SOTW rules WILL be more leniant, there is no chance that rules are just going to be removed. the rules that i've come up with, in my opinion, level things off for everyone - and will help people using "other software" still have a fighting chance. the previous rules did more than just protect everyone's feelings, they protected them to the point where anything deemed "out of line" would be taken upon with a sharp scolding and a warning. finding the perfect line is what we've got to work on, so for now i think we'll stick with the current rules i've posted above - and we'll go from there.

i know i'm coming off maybe a bit strong in this post, but i'm just letting everyone know that all the previous flaming and everything that had gone on in the past is not tolerated, and if it happens again things will be put into motion. i know this hasn't happened yet but: please don't argue with the moderators, give suggestions(as you have been doing) and things will be thought about.

hopefully this cleared some things up for people - i'm starting the SOTW now!

#89 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:17 AM

I wasn't around in the GFX section when the SOTW was going on before... but since I've joined in on the GFX community I have noticed that the flaming has almost disappeared... I know it'll still be around but I've noticed that more and more members have been supportive of others work and giving pointers to help those new out and not just been downing people's work... I'm thinking that we'll have a good time this go 'round

at least I hope so... don't make me be wrong wink.gif

#90 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:47 AM

^Competition has a way of bringing out the dark side of everyone.

The GFX forum is world famous (seriously happy.gif ) for it's friendly atmosphere. The SOTW was the only thing that caused any trouble.

Everyones had a good long break, so I think this time around everyone will feel refreshed, and be more of a good sport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users