2 replies to this topic

#1 fusion.fake

fusion.fake

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:58 PM

Hey all, im not 100% sure this is the right section to post in (but im not a noob tbh, 6k posts + mod at other forum) but it must be cuz im new to the modding scene.

my situation is : i want to softmod my xbox, without gamesave exploiting, so i think my only way of doing it is by hotswapping. the results i want is a normal modded xbox with like a built in "dash" to play movies / games / etc. i want it to be the easiest to install and not extremely complicated, ive seen allot of tutorials an guides but it confuses me cause they all tell it in a different way and im not sure what to use, so i really like some advice from you modding gurus tongue.gif

and where in the name of -bleep-can i get a torx screwdriver tongue.gif nothing on ebay but heck i will fix it someway.

i seen a thread with ndure and xboxhd (think its called like that) and it tells how to softmod it , but when its finished whats happened then ? its installed and ready to go ? im also a bit confused with the unlocking / locking hdd drive after modding it trhough pc.

I hope im not bothering you guys too much, and i definatley dont want to sound offensive/rude in any way.

Greetings,

fusion.fake smile.gif

#2 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

You can find a Torx 20 screwdriver or screwdriver bit at pretty much any hardware store.

I would assume you are speaking of the tutorial that I wrote. The guide is for softmodding only. Getting a homebrew environment to load every time the Xbox is turned on. There are the softmod files, the default dash (UnleashX) and the Ndure Toolset (a variant of UnleashX used for managing the softmod). That's it, no other applications. There are many Applications for the Xbox. My personal favorites (and I think many will agree) are:

1. Xbox Media Center (XBMC) - An all-in-one media center solution that plays nearly any type of music or video file imaginable. Includes features for streaming these from a SMB share, as well as user-customizable python scripts. Also manages all your games, applications, and files. This can also be used as an alternate dashboard.

2. dvd2xbox - A very popular cd, dvd, and game ripper. Used mainly for backing up Xbox games to the hard drive.

3. Avalaunch - An alternate Xbox dashboard with IRC support, RSS, built-in file manager, etc.

4. Evox - An older alternate dashboard, pretty simple to use, very stable.

5. Linksboks - Port of Links web browser for the Xbox.

6. Emulators - There are loads of great emulators for older game systems.

These can all be found at Xbins. Read the tutorial for downloading from Xbins HERE.

After downloading these applications, unrar them.

Network Your Xbox To Your PC and FTP the folders into your E:/Apps/ directory.

Edited by Textbook, 03 July 2006 - 10:58 PM.

#3 fusion.fake

fusion.fake

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE(Textbook @ Jul 3 2006, 11:02 PM) View Post

You can find a Torx 20 screwdriver or screwdriver bit at pretty much any hardware store.

I would assume you are speaking of the tutorial that I wrote. The guide is for softmodding only. Getting a homebrew environment to load every time the Xbox is turned on. There are the softmod files, the default dash (UnleashX) and the Ndure Toolset (a variant of UnleashX used for managing the softmod). That's it, no other applications. There are many Applications for the Xbox. My personal favorites (and I think many will agree) are:

1. Xbox Media Center (XBMC) - An all-in-one media center solution that plays nearly any type of music or video file imaginable. Includes features for streaming these from a SMB share, as well as user-customizable python scripts. Also manages all your games, applications, and files. This can also be used as an alternate dashboard.

2. dvd2xbox - A very popular cd, dvd, and game ripper. Used mainly for backing up Xbox games to the hard drive.

3. Avalaunch - An alternate Xbox dashboard with IRC support, RSS, built-in file manager, etc.

4. Evox - An older alternate dashboard, pretty simple to use, very stable.

5. Linksboks - Port of Links web browser for the Xbox.

6. Emulators - There are loads of great emulators for older game systems.

These can all be found at Xbins. Read the tutorial for downloading from Xbins HERE.

After downloading these applications, unrar them.

Network Your Xbox To Your PC and FTP the folders into your E:/Apps/ directory.

i see .. thanx 4 taking the time smile.gif

but if i install ndure, its got evox on it and xbmc isnt a dash ? is it something i open with evox and then opens itself or if its a dash how to overwrite the old dash ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users