jtom617

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:16 AM

The 360 Development keeps getting better and better, key bypassing is a pretty clever trick. I think were getting too focused on this firmware stuff, and keep forgetting about the modchip. laugh.gif

#17 littlestevie360

littlestevie360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE(jtom617 @ Jul 5 2006, 04:23 PM) View Post

The 360 Development keeps getting better and better, key bypassing is a pretty clever trick. I think were getting too focused on this firmware stuff, and keep forgetting about the modchip. laugh.gif

i think its a bit wrong calling it a bypass its more like a mirror effect, but as for the research on real chips we dont stop our research cause someone released a firmware, infact quite to the oposite i personally have started harder and bricked my console in the process cause half the security is stripped out without removing the code that addresses it

#18 Surrido

Surrido

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:40 AM

this could well be a step towards using "any DVD drive" in the 360... right?

if you dont even need a key, you should be able to get nearly any similar drive to work.

#19 infamous_Q

infamous_Q

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:21 AM

well...(this could end up looking reallly stupid since i have no actual idea about the answer...) how many sata dvd-roms are out there? Cuz the only 3 i know of belong in a 360.

#20 GARRYB

GARRYB

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(Surrido @ Jul 5 2006, 10:47 AM) View Post

this could well be a step towards using "any DVD drive" in the 360... right?

if you dont even need a key, you should be able to get nearly any similar drive to work.

yaa thats a good idead then just imagine if possible we could use the x360 dvd drive in our pcs aas recorder o players LOOL mircrosooft would get pwnedd veryyy badly.. laugh.gif love.gif grr.gif muhaha.gif cool.gif wink.gif

#21 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:27 AM

This looks kinda cool... but im sooooooo confused. lol.

#22 lonedeath

lonedeath

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(infamous_Q @ Jul 5 2006, 10:28 AM) View Post

well...(this could end up looking reallly stupid since i have no actual idea about the answer...) how many sata dvd-roms are out there? Cuz the only 3 i know of belong in a 360.

Heres one

http://www.dabs.com/...NavigationKey=0

#23 RolfLobker

RolfLobker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

@infamous_Q:

There are more PC S-ATA Optical devices available (i.e. dvd burners)

@ Surrido:

The proper key still needs to be implemented in the firmware.
If you replace the drive this chip will read an incorrect key and thus fail.

#24 Surrido

Surrido

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:24 AM

The proper key still needs to be implemented in the firmware.
If you replace the drive this chip will read an incorrect key and thus fail.

ok, i thought it is somehow "going around" the key. I missunderstood the capability then.

#25 littlestevie360

littlestevie360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(littlestevie360 @ Jul 5 2006, 04:39 PM) View Post

i think its a bit wrong calling it a bypass its more like a mirror effect, but as for the research on real chips we dont stop our research cause someone released a firmware, infact quite to the oposite i personally have started harder and bricked my console in the process cause half the security is stripped out without removing the code that addresses it

i would hate to agree with myself here but that could be the only wat it can do it

#26 downlowfunk

downlowfunk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:19 PM

cool, I like it.

#27 focusedsoul

focusedsoul

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:21 PM

Is it just me or am i the only one who's sick of seeing all these DVD Firmware mods, it's really not that special if you think about it, i mean woo i can play backups (Or for most people "Woo i can play bootlegs") im never going to concider a firmware mod, it's pretty useless to me and im sick of seeing the news page plauged with another company making a dual firmware mod or whatever, show me some homebrew, then i'll be interested

Aaah thats much better

#28 lbsspm5000

lbsspm5000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(GARRYB @ Jul 5 2006, 04:29 AM) View Post

yaa thats a good idead then just imagine if possible we could use the x360 dvd drive in our pcs aas recorder o players LOOL mircrosooft would get pwnedd veryyy badly.. laugh.gif love.gif grr.gif muhaha.gif cool.gif wink.gif

Its comments like that that scare me personally. I know that this is just one of the major ideas that MS has on the market, but the more they get stolen from, the more likely it becomes we have to move to a different system. I have purchased both the xbox and the 360 on release night and I dont want to see the end of the system, just a start to homebrew. I could care less about stealin games, but hey, to each their own.

Edited by lbsspm5000, 05 July 2006 - 12:57 PM.

#29 dalezer

dalezer

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

we need a SOLDERLESS release. jester.gif

#30 MaTiAz

MaTiAz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Xbox hardware, hacking, technical stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(focusedsoul @ Jul 5 2006, 12:28 PM) View Post

Is it just me or am i the only one who's sick of seeing all these DVD Firmware mods, it's really not that special if you think about it, i mean woo i can play backups (Or for most people "Woo i can play bootlegs") im never going to concider a firmware mod, it's pretty useless to me and im sick of seeing the news page plauged with another company making a dual firmware mod or whatever, show me some homebrew, then i'll be interested
Aaah thats much better

No, it's not only you. I'm sick of the firmware hack too. Yeah, it's cool to have a hacked FW, but in the end, it's kinda useless (backups, whee. But maybe I don't care about backups because of the fact that I know no one who would break my games, no little sisters or bros). Well, enough about that, but remember, you're not the only one who wants homebrew or other cool stuff smile.gif

Lots of soldering, but that's a good thing you don't need to get and patch your key. I'd solder a few more wires to avoid messing around with the keys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users