12 replies to this topic

#1 bartdesign

bartdesign

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:46 AM

I'm gonna design a skin. I've done some test skins with 9k that all worked great.

Now i need your input on a skin you like to see. Would that be a native xbox looking skin, or something else??
Right now i'm working on a monty phyton and the holy grail skin. Just for fun smile.gif

Post your idea's,urls.

BenJ: Thanks for all the hardwork. I love the app and i use it as the main dash. Also like your matrix skin, But can't you release a higher quality versions with better vids? Like the generator skin. Becuase i have a big tv and the compression blocks on the wmv are just to serious laugh.gif

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 May 2003 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (bartdesign @ May 7 2003, 01:46 AM)
I'm gonna design a skin. I've done some test skins with 9k that all worked great.

Now i need your input on a skin you like to see. Would that be a native xbox looking skin, or something else??
Right now i'm working on a monty phyton and the holy grail skin. Just for fun smile.gif

Post your idea's,urls.

BenJ: Thanks for all the hardwork. I love the app and i use it as the main dash. Also like your matrix skin, But can't you release a higher quality versions with better vids? Like the generator skin. Becuase i have a big tv and the compression blocks on the wmv are just to serious laugh.gif

Sounds great...check out the "Attention Skinners" thread pegged at the top.

I'd love to see what you come up with - My wife loves Monty Python, I'm sure she'd get a kick out of that skin, too.

#3 bartdesign

bartdesign

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:36 PM

biggrin.gif

#4 bartdesign

bartdesign

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 06:07 PM

Done some work here and there. I have an request i would like a feature added where you can chooses multiple vids for the intro and loading screen otherwise you'll get bored quickly. That would be something in the lines of:

<Resource Type="Image" Name="Intro">
<File>test1.wmv</File>
<File>test2.wmv</File>
<File>test1.wmv</File>
<Randomsource>1</Randomsource>
</Resource>

That way i could add multiple intro and loading vids. Changed the monty phyton to life with brain 'cus i lended out the holy grail rolleyes.gif

#5 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (bartdesign @ May 7 2003, 03:07 PM)
Done some work here and there. I have an request i would like a feature added where you can chooses multiple vids for the intro and loading screen otherwise you'll get bored quickly. That would be something in the lines of:

<Resource Type="Image" Name="Intro">
<File>test1.wmv</File>
<File>test2.wmv</File>
<File>test1.wmv</File>
<Randomsource>1</Randomsource>
</Resource>

That way i could add multiple intro and loading vids. Changed the monty phyton to life with brain 'cus i lended out the holy grail rolleyes.gif

Good idea....

I was thinking about something like this. I'll see about adding it in the next version.

#6 bartdesign

bartdesign

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 06:22 PM

Ok i'm gonna work hard on this skin. Only the dvd i have of life with brian contains hard-coded dutch subtitles dry.gif That will be more encoding hmpf. I will prepare multiple loading vids. smile.gif

BjB

#7 Crash N Burn

Crash N Burn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 10:55 PM

Here's one I'm working on now ,,

Removed due to ISP..........SORRY sad.gif

Right now I have it reading ....... Welcome to Media X Menu but it will have credits thanking BJ and some others .

This is just the Ruff Draft but by the time I'm done it will look (hopefully) great . I'm using Enigmas 'Return to Innocense' for the sound and I'm very happy with it so far ........... Ohhh and while your shifting through Apps/Games will get a Xbox intro Screen ........
I really want that generator part /w the words(just the words) so I can incorperate it into the screen , but I think I'll create my own using Vegas.
This is Soooooo much fun . Once you get into it , it's hard to stop . biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

,,..............................................Crash N Burn

Edited by Crash N Burn, 14 May 2003 - 07:15 PM.

#8 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:56 AM

Doh! I should add a string for the "Current Menu Title"

:::jots down notes:::

Nice screenshots...

#9 X-eQteR

X-eQteR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:18 AM

what took so long to get those XBOX demo disc screens! looking good!!

#10 RDJ134

RDJ134

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 04:01 PM

Glad to see some peole are finaly working on new skins smile.gif

#11 Crash N Burn

Crash N Burn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 10:03 PM

It's not the actual Xbox demo disk screen . But I did like so much I'm making one along the same concept . Like I said this is ruff graft , but so far I'm happy with it . I have a LOT more to add to it .
I should be done with it in a week or two (job and family time is a MUST) and I'll throw it out on the net .

BJ : That would be great to have . It will come in handy . wink.gif .

,,.........................................Crash N Burn

#12 bartdesign

bartdesign

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 08:39 PM

Been doing some more clips for the intro and loading screens. Although i must say that the skin can be used at is full potential when the multiple vids are working. So i will release it when the new version is out. And if i'm finished then. Don't wanna haste it and i have a lot of homework grr.gif

It is finished when it done. I will post some screens this week smile.gif

BJ: Which video tool do you use for editing your clips? VDub is not very suitable for this smile.gif

BjB

#13 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (bartdesign @ May 9 2003, 05:39 PM)
Been doing some more clips for the intro and loading screens. Although i must say that the skin can be used at is full potential when the multiple vids are working. So i will release it when the new version is out. And if i'm finished then. Don't wanna haste it and i have a lot of homework grr.gif

It is finished when it done. I will post some screens this week smile.gif

BJ: Which video tool do you use for editing your clips? VDub is not very suitable for this smile.gif

BjB

Video Vegas 4.0b

This app really, really rocks. It's on par with Premiere, with a complete set of effects right out of the box.

It supports WM8 output directly (separate WM8 and WM9 output)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users