BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:19 PM

Well i searched google a little bit, but seems alot of sites are no longer there. I want to install a region switch on the saturn I am getting. I already ordered myself a modchip but it wont allow playback of all region games, but from what I understand if you backup a saturn game you can convert it to region free. I do have a few jap games I bought on ebay, but I dont know how to back them up and convert them to region free. Anyway there is some way you can set up a switch to change NTSC/PAL/Jap if you got a link to a tutorial with pics, please post it.

#2 EverestX

EverestX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:PC Gamer, Console Collector, Raging Movie & Cartoon Addict, full time nerd.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:57 AM

WEll sir, Yeah. What you need to know first off is that there are about 5-6 revisions of the Saturn Board and the location of the jumpers similar to an Xbox 1.0-1.6.

There are several differnt configs of them. Easiest one to do would look like this.

IPB Image That is a pic of the Jumpers. If you can find those jumper #'s in a differnt config, post a pic up and I will find you what you need.

It's from a model 2 ( Round buttons - No access Light for cd rom)

If you just want to do Us/Jap then you will want this
IPB Image

If you want to do us/jap/uk you will need a 50/60hz switch and a region switch.
IPB Image

I am not on my Pc right now but I can get you a good amount of links as these have been my current projects aside from my Screened box that I am working on.

jsut so you know Black and REd represent 5v and Ground from the power supply. give me about 30 minutes to get abck on my pc at home and I will shoot you too the way back machine for Daves saturn page. BEst guide around.. Unless you can understand the one on Gamesx. I cant understand that one clearly though..

EvX

#3 EverestX

EverestX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:PC Gamer, Console Collector, Raging Movie & Cartoon Addict, full time nerd.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:47 PM

As promised these should help you out.

Most of these links are found using the waybackmachine @ archive.org. The pictures above came from the site below and I simply backed them up incase I can not find them again, all credit to the author of the tut.

http://web.archive.o...o.uk/satmod.htm

If the above faq differs from what you are trying to do check this out
http://db.gamefaqs.c...ga_saturn_b.txt

I know it's a huge text file, but it has more saturn info than you could likely ever need. There is a section with ascii diagrams on how to wire up your switch in the even you have a differnt Jumper lay out.

I got more links all over, but that should get you through with just about any knowlege of jumpers and a soldering iron. smile.gif

And as I said before, you have any problems post up a pic of your jumpers and myself or some one lese can get you booting out of region in no time.

Also SegaXtreme.net is a big forum Everything sega and they can get you even more detailed stuff.

Oh yeah google saturn region patcher, to patch your isos. smile.gif It's a small exe.

Edited by EverestX, 07 July 2006 - 02:05 PM.

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

racketboy's homepage has some info on this as well IIRC

eithe way good links as I'm planing on compiling some of this data together for wiki-scene.

As for modifying the backups... you can't exactly make them region free. You can CHANGE the region encoding. Once you have a disc image file (it doesn't matter what type) you can use.

Basically some discs are multi regioned and some are single regioned. If the disc can play in 3 different regions. you can re-assign those regions to any 3 regions. if the disc can only play in 1 region you can reassign it to any other one region.

You can do this using this app: http://madroms.free.fr/#SRP

#5 turk3y

turk3y

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(EverestX @ Jul 7 2006, 12:47 PM) View Post

As promised these should help you out.

Most of these links are found using the waybackmachine @ archive.org. The pictures above came from the site below and I simply backed them up incase I can not find them again, all credit to the author of the tut.

http://web.archive.o...o.uk/satmod.htm
If the above faq differs from what you are trying to do check this out
http://db.gamefaqs.c...ga_saturn_b.txt

I know it's a huge text file, but it has more saturn info than you could likely ever need. There is a section with ascii diagrams on how to wire up your switch in the even you have a differnt Jumper lay out.

I got more links all over, but that should get you through with just about any knowlege of jumpers and a soldering iron. smile.gif

And as I said before, you have any problems post up a pic of your jumpers and myself or some one lese can get you booting out of region in no time.

Also SegaXtreme.net is a big forum Everything sega and they can get you even more detailed stuff.

Oh yeah google saturn region patcher, to patch your isos. smile.gif It's a small exe.

diging up an old thread here, but just wanted to say thanks for this, the site listed has some details on my uk board with different jumpers, the one on the rear was foxing me as it was not as per the others with using both the central pads,

patching isos? with this mod isnt it nicer to leave them untouched and just switch into the suitable region? after all as a uk owner i will have to go in and out of 50/60hz anyway. Luckily Sebs ultimate saturn mod deals with all that and you dont have to think about it too much,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users