GWisAwesome

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:11 AM

i have a pc which connects to the internet using a wireless network card adapter i bought.
the xbox is connect to a hub which is connect to the pc.

when i plugged the ethernet cable from the hub into my pc, i lose my internet connection.
i can ftp to/from my xbox, but it seems like i can't use my wireless internet with the xbox.

i also want the xbox to be able to use the internet connection my pc is picking up wirelessly.
when i lived in the dorms i right click my ethernet port the internet was going into and selected share this connection, when i try to do that with the wireless connection i get:

"when internet connection sharing is enabled, your LAN adapter will be set to use IP address 192.168.0.1 Your copmuter may lose connectivity with other computer on your network. if these other computer have static IP addresses, you should set them to obtain their IP automatically. are you sure..."

i click yes and get
"an error occured while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled.
Internet Connection Sharing cannot be enabled.
A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing."

if i cant fix the internet sharing, i atleast want to be able to be online without unplugging the xbox.

#2 GWisAwesome

GWisAwesome

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:17 PM

sorry for the double post but..

i forgot to mention, perhaps the most important thing, i do not have access to the wireless router... it belongs to one of my neighbors so im pretty sure thats why i cant do internet sharing because 192.168.0.1 is already taken by one of their computers.

help

#3 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:58 PM

You'll want to enable ICS (internet connection sharing) check out the XBC help site and they've got a link to it on the connections page

http://www.xbconnect...tre_XboxNetwork

Setup E on that page, is how you'll be connecting, I would suggest against the hub and use a crossover cable, once youv'e got ICS setup you should still be fine internet connection wise.

As to the error you'll have to get access to the router and change it's IP, otherwise no go that way, ICS uses 192.168.0.1 for the connection and to my knowledge there's no way to change it. I would suggest not using a neighbors wireless as well as it's illegal if you're caught. If they're allowing you to connect, just ask them if they can change it to 192.168.1.1 or 10.10.10.1 or really anything other than 192.168.0.1

#4 GWisAwesome

GWisAwesome

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:17 PM

what about using the program WinRoute?

i talked to someone about using that but they did not go into details about how to set it up correctly and im not sure how either.

it is spose to be able to do the job of ICS tho.

#5 GWisAwesome

GWisAwesome

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:41 AM

haha. ok now i can get internet shit on the xbox like streams and rss feeds...

but now i can no longer stream shit from my PC.
I got to SMB Network share and it cant find anything.
WTF?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users