• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trabmai796

trabmai796

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:19 AM

Ok so the other day im playing xbox live and im like hmm bored so i decide to put my modchip in and do some halo 2 map mods just to be unbored. So like i have done hundreds of times i lift my dvd drive up push my xenium ice solderless on to its adapter slap it back 2gether and boot up. It loads the xenium OS but as soon as i click evox it starts flashing red (the xbox) and im like wtf so i turn it off and try to turn it on to M$ Dash but both buttons boot to xenium ice Os and it gives me a screen saying press any button when the screen shows white text on blue background or something to that effect. well i tried to do recovery and it gives me an error: ide error 04....this totally blows i even tried to do something i saw on the internet i connected the drive to my computer and tried to unlock the drive using xboxhdm...i think is what it was called. well it said it was successful but it still gives the same error ide 04 when i try to use the box..the xbox was literally working one minute and not the next all i did was set the chip on the adapter and turn it on...it was playing halo 2 on xbox live perfectly fine a few minutes before i did that....any help would be so much appreciated i really dont wanna buy another xbox or lose the data i have on this hard drive...i have music, movies, game types, xbox live accounts, evox, xbox media center, mimesis, and so many other apps...losing all that would so suck especially the xbox live accounts....thankx in advance : - )

#2 trabmai796

trabmai796

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:54 AM

still looking for help on the above topic.....i have a old harddrive from a computer now that is 10 gig i can use to replace the old xbox harddrive but i lost my eeprom i think....it was backed up on the harddrive which...is either A.locked B.fried C.the xbox is just refusing to read it so yea i am bumping a really old topic i know

#3 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:06 PM

Can you boot an installer DVD? If so, you can build the new drive.

#4 jeremydammit

jeremydammit

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:04 PM

try a new ide cable. they sometimes get damaged from moving or bending a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users