X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:03 AM

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if this was a good choice for a HDD I want to use for my xbox. The link for it is here. I checked it out on the compatibility list and it seems that it is able to "lock". What do I need to know when setting up a HDD this big to avoid corrupted files as I have been reading about with high hdds. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

happy.gif

#2 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:13 AM

Yes, that hard drive will work well with your Xbox, whether it's softmodded, TSOP-flashed, or has a modchip installed.

Also, since no partition on the drive will be over 256 GB in size, you don't need to worry about corruption issues. smile.gif

#3 war-nerve

war-nerve

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to know one last thing. When I was messing around with an old HDD to see if I could get it to work on the XBOX I encounted something a little strange. I used XboxHDM to partition my drive and all that good stuff and when I connected it to my xbox it would go straight into the MS Dash and after a few minutes it would start making a funny noise, like the sound file was corrupt... like low pitched scretching sounds. It never gave me any problems, but I always thought that was weird. Where would I find a stock copy of MS dash? Just interested. tongue.gif

#4 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(war-nerve @ Jul 7 2006, 10:24 AM) View Post
Where would I find a stock copy of MS dash? Just interested. tongue.gif
You could get the MS dashboard from a Slayer's EvoX auto-installer disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users