• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ghorph

Ghorph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:40 AM

A friend of mine tried to install XBMC as dasboard but accidently renamed the wrong file. He renamed the defaultxbe form XBMC to xboxdash.xbe and copied it to c: with xboxmediacenter.xls. This obviously dos not work. He came to me to fix it but at startup he gives a black screen with green letters. `Service required Call Customer Support` in different languages. Ive tried a boot disk form EVOX. And tried my own root bootdisk but none work. Can someone help me please to fix this mess. Ive never seen this problem before so I do not know what to do.

Thanx in advance.

greetz Mike

#2 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE(Ghorph @ Jul 7 2006, 01:47 AM) View Post
A friend of mine tried to install XBMC as dasboard but accidently renamed the wrong file. He renamed the defaultxbe form XBMC to xboxdash.xbe and copied it to c: with xboxmediacenter.xls. This obviously dos not work. He came to me to fix it but at startup he gives a black screen with green letters. `Service required Call Customer Support` in different languages. Ive tried a boot disk form EVOX. And tried my own root bootdisk but none work. Can someone help me please to fix this mess. Ive never seen this problem before so I do not know what to do.

Thanx in advance.

greetz Mike

Do you have a softmod? If so, can you boot retail games. If you can just pop Splinter Cell/Mech Assauly/Agent Under Fire in there, and get FTP access, so you can reverse what your buddy just did. If you can't boot the retail game, you need to either get a mod chip, or try and hot swap the hard drive.

If you have a mod chip/TSOP flash then you should still be able to load the Evox boot disc. So I'm assuming you have a softmod. Read above about softmods.

#3 Ghorph

Ghorph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:10 PM

Yes its a softmod. Any Splinter Cell will do? Because I only got Splinter Cell 2 - Chaos Theory and Splinter Cell 3 - Pandora's Box

#4 Morien

Morien

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

Use whatever he used to softmod it.
Alternativley make a bootable disc of boxplorer or an ftp client and use that to fix it.

#5 Ghorph

Ghorph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:44 PM

made a boot disk but does not work. They guy doesnot know which EVOX is installed. Can it be that the apps are not on the F disk but that they are on the E disk. If so i need to change the evox.ini right?. A bootdisk of boxplorer did not work either. Im going crazy about this thing. NOTE: GAMES still boot.

#6 Ghorph

Ghorph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:50 PM

Ok I loaned the 1st version of Splinter Cell but now without an apparent reason the rom doesn't read any of the disks anymore. Even Halo 2 wich it did before. I changed nothing and the Box was turned off the past few days. It hope that someone with know how can give me some advise cause i am getting very frustrated. The ones who reply'd before, sadly, did not answer my follow up questions. sad.gif

I hope someone can help me. Just so you know. I got EVOX boot disk, XBMC boot disk, Rootbootdisk. And I got the original splinter cell game.

Please!

#7 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:music, music, music, computers, audio engineering, gaming, code monkeying, music again
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:26 PM

yeah, the DVD drives used in the original Xbox vary a lot in terms of quality and reliablity.
it sounds like yours crapped out. the super short-term fix: if you know someone who already has a modded system and is willing to, you could simply crack open their case and borrow their DVD drive temporarily. you really only need it to get the game running, and even then only as far as getting the softmod installed.
if you don't have access to someone else's DVD drive, you're gonna have to get a new one. ebay, or the Buy/Sell/Trade forums on here are where to look for those.

#8 SMuT

SMuT

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(Ghorph @ Jul 16 2006, 12:57 PM) View Post

Ok I loaned the 1st version of Splinter Cell but now without an apparent reason the rom doesn't read any of the disks anymore. Even Halo 2 wich it did before. I changed nothing and the Box was turned off the past few days. It hope that someone with know how can give me some advise cause i am getting very frustrated. The ones who reply'd before, sadly, did not answer my follow up questions. sad.gif

I hope someone can help me. Just so you know. I got EVOX boot disk, XBMC boot disk, Rootbootdisk. And I got the original splinter cell game.

Please!

dude get splinter cell (the first 1) boot it, load linux, format the c drive, reinstall the softmod. this will also give u evo x, do u have auto installer delux?

#9 theboxhead

theboxhead

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:47 PM

Yep Splinter Cell hack would be the best bet here. Then reinstall the softmod.

The other sollution is the hotswap method. A bit more nasty to pull but works okay in the end as a emergency
recover. Get the xbox hd maker.

#10 infyx

infyx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

Hey all i have the same problem as stated above, after i tried to change .xbe file so the xbox would boot into XBMC. the xbox wont load any rescue disks and it wont load boxplorer either. it does load the oroginal splinter cell though.

my question is though how can i carry on the softmod procedure if i cant copy the savefiles onto the xbox's hdd because i dont have access to the dashboard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users