Grentz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

Well, my friend and I just beat the whole feeding frenzy game for the 3rd time and finally made it to 300,000 points at the end so we got the acheivment!

Just had to share our acomplishment smile.gif

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:29 PM

congrats, I suppose I'm a member of the "club" too smile.gif

The key is milking your lives for all they're worth go as fast as possible until you get to the largest size then die just before you finish the level.

don't be afraid to use up your continues too... and collect extra lives at all costs laugh.gif

The hardest achievements are probably "Shark Eater" and "Food Bank" I don't have either of those and I'm not even close either...

#3 Grentz

Grentz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:37 AM

Yup, that is definently the trick.

Except we did it before you grew to the largest as on most levels this gave more time to rack up points, plus it was easier to die when you wanted to then.

The shark eater is probably the hardest IMO followed closely by the foodbank. After completing the game 3 times I still only have 13,000 in the food bank tongue.gif

I have not completed the time mode either though, spent enough time on the regular game version tongue.gif

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:21 PM

Time mode is hard at the begining and gets easier as you go along.

The first couple of levels you need to do perfect without mistake...

After that you'll have some breathing room in terms of time (the excess gets added on to the next level).

I think I finished the first level with only mili-seconds to spare and I beat the game with about 16minutes in reserve laugh.gif

The trick then is to consentrate on the pearls if they're around (particularly if the level has 2 clams) and grab any and all "time bubbles" you can (they replace the life bubbles since you have infinite lives)

Shield bubbles are a good idea to grab too to help keep you from dying.

The trick is just to avoid dying at all costs and keep in mind not to get discouraged if you run out of time in the first few levels, because they're the hardest wink.gif

Edited by twistedsymphony, 11 July 2006 - 05:22 PM.

#5 lusal

lusal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:04 AM

I too am in the 300,000 club. It's a fun game.

One of the other keys to getting a higher score is to utilize the tail bite ad-nauseam.

If you're observant, you'll see that the point value of tailbiting goes up with each successive bite when a barracuda or killer whale comes out. It must be the same barracuda or killer whale to achieve the incremental point award.

The key is to tail bite the same "boss fish/mammal" as repetitively as possible. Whenever you bite them, they turn around. Bite them again and the point value goes up. Repeat this process for as long as possible to gain the maximum points.

It works like a charm...I've played through the game 2 times. The second time I had a finishing score of 435,000. Haven't played it much since then....great game, though.

Oh...if you're an old fart like me, you'll remember that Shark!Shark! for the Intellivision is markedly similar to this game. I was addicted to that game as well back in the day. Awesome stuff.

#6 way fast CBR

way fast CBR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:17 AM

i love the game, but at times i find it to repetitive to rack up points. but thats my opinion. still a great game though.

#7 Vfreitas

Vfreitas

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:16 PM

I played this game at a Super Bowl party I was at, holy shit was I addicted. Just hit the 300k mark, thank you Barracuda.

#8 timdotexe

timdotexe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(lusal @ Jul 14 2006, 01:40 AM) View Post

Oh...if you're an old fart like me, you'll remember that Shark!Shark! for the Intellivision is markedly similar to this game. I was addicted to that game as well back in the day. Awesome stuff.

Me too! How good was Shark!Shark!

I used to love the shark sounds smile.gif

#9 iamnotageek

iamnotageek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(timdotexe @ May 15 2007, 03:03 AM) View Post

Me too! How good was Shark!Shark!

I used to love the shark sounds smile.gif

couldn't find a board for FF2 LOL but it'll be a part of a 3 game disc soon!

#10 ErnestK

ErnestK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

Holy crap. Congrats on that. I tried feeding frenzy and hated that game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users