#1 d0ck

d0ck

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

I got two xbox 360's.. I don't care about backups and such. I have one xbox that runs great but the DVD rom eats my disc. Done cracked my graw(I was playing it and it just suddenly froze and never worked again). I don't move my console never, and then it scratched up my NFS Most wanted pretty bad but still playable... I don't have warranty no more, and done been through Micro$oft enough times any how.. I don't think they fix units. I think they reship broke units. I done got 4 consoles from them all with some type of defect...

Alright my xbox 360 with the Hitachi is good, but it freezes alot out of no where.

My Xbox with the TS drive plays great but the DVD rom eats disc..

I want the hitachi hooked up to the 360 with the TS motherboard.. Want to swap.

I couldn't find any a guide or anything about replacing the hitachi key. Only the TS..

Any help would be great..

Edited by CattyKid, 07 July 2006 - 08:49 PM.

#2 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:51 PM

If you want to ask to buy 360 Harware, do so in the 360 BST, don't tack it on to the end of a thread.
Moving to Technical DVD-ROM and Modified DVD Firmware Forum, since it will involve editing the code on the drive to do this.
Have you tried repairing your drive or your console? The one that freezes may need some thermal compound on the heatsinks. Just something to think about.

#3 d0ck

d0ck

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:38 PM

Sorry. Didn't know where to ask. I figured since I don't know figured I asked in the newbie section. Really sorry.

No. I never thought about it... I read some where if some of the compound touches one of the resistors that it would mess it up.... I am willing to try though.. what's a good thermal compound to use? I have some adheisive how ever it's spelled thermal compound. Don't want to use it due to it being really a perm effect. I kinda want something if I ever water cooled or some other I could easily remove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users