neoryu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:46 AM

Can someone tell me what VMM is or what it does? I can set it to on or off but I can't tell the difference between the two. Also what difference does the CPU type make ASM68K or Musashi68k?

#2 neoryu

neoryu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:29 AM

So nobody knows on this entire site?! A first

#3 GogoAckman

GogoAckman

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:46 AM

I have another question for you :
why are ppl always talking about fbaxxx pro? the "real" emu is fbaxxx.

#4 dohopoki

dohopoki

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(GogoAckman @ Jul 8 2006, 07:53 PM) View Post

The word pro makes it sound like a successor not a standalone. If you changed the name of fbaxxx to Super fbaxxx Hyper Turbo Championship edition 2 then people who don't know the difference will talk about that.

#5 Diontae18

Diontae18

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE(dohopoki @ Jul 8 2006, 09:19 PM) View Post

If you changed the name of fbaxxx to Super fbaxxx Hyper Turbo Championship edition 2 then people who don't know the difference will talk about that.

Then it'd sound like a street fighter game biggrin.gif

#6 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE(Diontae18 @ Jul 9 2006, 02:29 AM) View Post

Then it'd sound like a street fighter game biggrin.gif

oeh spuit 11 geeft ook modder..

#7 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE(GogoAckman @ Jul 8 2006, 06:53 PM) View Post

Honestly, it's pretty much your own fault. You quit working on FBAXXX for a long time and Pro was the only version continuing to be developed... with new games, fixes, and drivers being added. During that time many people switched. It would be like opcode or even Xport coming back to do more work on MAMEoX and wondering why everyone is now using MAMEoX 128 Plus.

#8 GogoAckman

GogoAckman

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(Thraxen @ Jul 9 2006, 04:41 AM) View Post

Honestly, it's pretty much your own fault. You quit working on FBAXXX for a long time and Pro was the only version continuing to be developed... with new games, fixes, and drivers being added. During that time many people switched. It would be like opcode or even Xport coming back to do more work on MAMEoX and wondering why everyone is now using MAMEoX 128 Plus.

but since then, there has been at least two updates, if you ask me, it is more because ppl go to the "usual place" where I can't put my releases because I don't have access anymore, so the fbaxxx that can be found there is outdated.
And like said, "pro" version is more than confused for a lot of ppl.
Anyway to answer the questions :
what I can tell, is that in my last release, VMM opti isn't used anymore, if it is in the menu, it was simply forgotten, it doesn't affect anything.
Musashi 68K is a 68K cpu emulation done in C, slower than asm 68k but could be much more accurate, there is no reason to choose musashi68K, another pointless option.

#9 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(GogoAckman @ Jul 9 2006, 08:33 AM) View Post

but since then, there has been at least two updates, if you ask me, it is more because ppl go to the "usual place" where I can't put my releases because I don't have access anymore, so the fbaxxx that can be found there is outdated.

Since the author of Pro clearly has an xbins account, why not ask him to upload the latest build of FBA-XXX along with the latest build of Pro? That way people can just download the build for whichever ROMsets they use. You could even upload a text file to the directory explaning the difference between the two builds.

#10 GogoAckman

GogoAckman

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

Do you really think I am the one who should ask a favor? blink.gif
Fbaxxx being closed source, the releases will certainly not happen in the same time (well tried) laugh.gif

I could just beg cartman too jester.gif

#11 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(GogoAckman @ Jul 9 2006, 02:37 PM) View Post

Do you really think I am the one who should ask a favor?

Well you obviously want something or you wouldn't be making such a big deal out of this. Why not just say what it is instead of making pathetic little snipes every time someone mentions FBA-XXX Pro.

Is it just the sourcecode you want? Do you want Pro to stop being released on xbins? Do you want more credit in the readme than you already get? Or do you just want Pro to stop existing because you can't stand the fact that alot of people don't want to use the crappy outdated ROMsets in your build?

As usual you're just behaving like a child. And that's precisely the reason why Iriez chose to delete your xbins account.

#12 GogoAckman

GogoAckman

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:55 PM

pop.gif

I was just answering the question bu another question, the question was "Is there nobody capable of answering this?", yes there's someone.
As for the sourcecode, it would be a good start, even though I personnaly don't care much about it (it has been said a hundred times), at least I could tell why there is this option (because +T+ don't want to include all the updates, only the ones that he thinks could be good).
I don't want it to be removed from xbins either, I see no reason for it, I still have my xbins account but can only access surreal folder, because apparently that s all I am supposed to do jester.gif .

As for the child part, I must admit I could be young (hey, 23 I am in the good ages biggrin.gif ), but anybody can be upset about something, young or not tongue.gif .
It is good to see you there, that's one of the proofs I have here that fbaxxx must stay closed source, at least for a while, so that I don't see an fbaxxx pro release 5 mins after a fbaxxx release.

Another thing : I don't care how I must be considered, I know what I am doing and why I am doing it (or not), the childish attitude would be to care about what you or Iriez think.

Sorry for the derived subject though, but I think you have your answer smile.gif .

#13 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

Yes, that does answer my question.

Thank you.

#14 XaRaNn

XaRaNn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:22 PM

Seriously tho, this whole issue is pure bullshit, especially in the point of view of development being done.

fba is the emu, fbax is the port, fbaxxx is a whole lot of improvments and features making it actually amazing, pro adds some compatibility.
big deal, people work on each other's source and improve it, especially when development dies down.

I do agree with gogo's point that it's probably because of xbins people just assume "pro is better so thats what i'll get".
And i can't imagine how frustrating it can be to have people ignore new releases when you're the one who was doing it in the first place (in regards to gogo's situation, that'd be like oDD making a comeback surreal v2 release, and the xxx releases being prefered because they got a scrolling menu and flicker filter)

In any case, the only way this isn't gonna turn into a closed source mess or other developper-is-pissed-so-goes-away shit is for you 2 (gogo and +T+) to actually talk directly instead of taking shots indirectly over the forums.

You both are obviously talented coders, whose work has been appreciated by users in the scene.
Why not agree on working together, put the source in a repository, and either have +T+ work on a branch or just directly merge your changes together and add newest romsets / anything else as a toggle.

That way everyone is happy, users and developpers, new people with talented coding skills can jump in and and help or submit patches, and both (point) releases can be done as one and only, or compiled whenever by those with the knowledge to do so.

my 2c

Edited by XaRaNn, 09 July 2006 - 08:26 PM.

#15 GogoAckman

GogoAckman

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:39 PM

You re absolutely right, the point is that I was always open to have new ppl helping, I don't see the point in taking the sources, change some drivers and call it pro version.
As for the talented coders, I haven't seen any big code in pro version besides the code I added, sorry.

Edited by GogoAckman, 09 July 2006 - 10:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users