youdontknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:52 AM

ok i was making a super slim box, i had everything finished, even installed my new brand new 200gb drive. well i was just going to test the temperature and when i turned on the xbox everthing seemed great, fans working and everything. but what i didnt notice is that one part of the power supply was touching the heatsink (the big one) so it made it sooo hot that the chip under the heatsink just popped ohmy.gif so did the part from the power supply but i fixed that already. so i tried connecting the xbox back again and it turns on but it frags. (turns off two times and then it just flashes red, green). since the hdd was locked and i forgot to back up the eeprom in my pc (just got it on the locked hdd biggrin.gif ) is there a way to unlock it? i read the tutorial on switching the eeprom chip but i was just wondering if there was another option before i try to doing that.. thanx in advance

ps. i remember reading somewhere that if you leave your hdd just there till it stops spinning and then disconnect it it would be unlocked or something like that...but would that work with my situation? if so whats the exact procedure?

#2 youdontknow

youdontknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:11 PM

bump....anybody?

#3 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:13 PM

If you locked your hard drive using EvoX or XboxHDM, a master password of 'XBOXSCENE' would have been set to the drive, allowing you to use ATAPWD to disable the lock.

Similarly, if you used ConfigMagic, the master password would be 'TEAMASSEMBLY' instead.

#4 youdontknow

youdontknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:58 AM

oh ok thanx alot, i used evox to format my hdd and i think it locked by itself, cause i was going to lock it with configmagic but it was locked already. so i will try that see if it works..ill be back with results

#5 youdontknow

youdontknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:08 AM

i connected the hdd to my computer and when i start that program it says no ata drive found and just closes...does anyone know why thanx in advance

#6 youdontknow

youdontknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:47 AM

well i got another question. cause before i installed my new hdd, i did a backup of my old hdd. i saved the folder in my computer which has the files bios.bin, disk.bin, eeprom.bin, hddinfo.txt and hddkey.bin. i was wondering if those are the files that i need to unlock my new hdd, or was i suppose to do a backup, after i installed my new hdd?

#7 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:39 AM

Since you have backed up your Xbox's EEPROM, which is not modified after installing a different hard drive, you can use XboxHDM to unlock your hard drive using the EEPROM. Using ATAPWD would no longer be necessary.

How to do this is explained by the XboxHDM guide in my signature.

#8 youdontknow

youdontknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:45 AM

can i just use configmagic?

#9 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:40 AM

wat u worrying about the hd for? the hd is probly fine... its the damn gpu or cpu chip that u blown to peices thats the problem lol

#10 youdontknow

youdontknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:39 AM

lol yeah, im not that worried about the motherboard cause i know i cant do anynothing about that biggrin.gif , and also cause i got two extra motherboards, so ill just use the messed up one for spare parts...

so yeah can i just use configmagic to change the epprom to the backup i have (eeprom.bin)? and then just connect the hdd to it and it should work?

#11 ><u(\)sPoiLd><

><u(\)sPoiLd><

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Xecuter3 CE Chip<br />X3 bios v.3294<br />Dual 70mm fans<br />Maxtor 60 gb harddrive<br /><br />-Fix it till it breaks-

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:27 PM

Umm, if the CPU popped then i'd be worried about the CPU, not the hdd or the eeprom. You prolly had a power spike when your heatsink touched the psu. i know this from experience because I've; 1)fried a psu from shorting out on the top pieces of metal on the psu, 2)fried a cpu from shorting out lights with the xbox on, and 3) been electricuted by touching the heatsink and the top of the psu just after washing my hands(they were still damp). If you want to continue your slim project then your gonna need to go to EB Games and find a used xbox built before 2004 or do the same a a pawn shop.

#12 youdontknow

youdontknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:52 AM

^^^ well im not worried about the motherboard cause i already have another one and i dont have another HDD and dont really want to waste another 100 dollars on another one biggrin.gif . well yeah i didnt go to my house today but i will most likely go tomorrow i just need a confirmation that all i need is......unlock the stock hdd and backup the eeprom from the xbox ima use.....then use configmagic and flash that eeprom with the backup i have from my dead motherboard. and then just connect my new 200gb hdd and it will work? well thanx in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users