• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:15 PM

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

The site recently went live, and this teaser is being shown in theaters this weekend smile.gif
I'm psyched!

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:59 PM

I hope the teaser they showed is just for funnies, as if its their actual premise to the movie its going to suck

#3 irishdrunk

irishdrunk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Xbox's of course, poker, midgets, women, idiots.....not jail
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:46 AM

This makes me think of that Optimus Prime render I saw posted in GFX
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=505898

Just wondering about the possability of that being for the movie...?

I just hope the plot isn't gonna be all retarded, I wanna see Megatron transform into a freaking GUN dammit!
Sorry, I'm just mad cause I had Optimus when I was a kid, and my best friend had the badass die-cast looking Megatron gun...stupid grandparents.

#4 jha'dhur

jha'dhur

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Jul 9 2006, 05:22 PM) View Post

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

The site recently went live, and this teaser is being shown in theaters this weekend smile.gif
I'm psyched!

I hope they do it justice, and not some B style effects.

#5 sulfur

sulfur

Super Xbox Saiyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:29 AM

I've been keeping up for transformers new alot lately, i'm really excited about this movie. Michael Bay isn't going to let us down. Also they just got the Peter Cullion who did the orginal Optimus Prime voice is going to do the voice again.

#6 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(irishdrunk @ Jul 19 2006, 06:23 AM) View Post
I wanna see Megatron transform into a freaking GUN dammit!
Then you'd better break out the DVDs of the original cartoons because Megatron won't be transforming into a gun in the movie. If I'm not mistaken, Megatron hasn't been a gun since the original cartoon 20 years ago. The reason for that is because of certain child safety laws in the U.S. If I remember correctly, the U.S. doesn't allow realistic toy guns to be sold. Hasbro makes TFs, and they'll probably sell toys based on the movie TFs. Since Megatron will never be a gun in toy form again, it's a safe bet that he won't turn into one in the movie. I've heard rumblings that he'll be a tank in the movie. He was a tank in the Armada series, but I doubt he'll be as flashy.

QUOTE(sulfur @ Jul 23 2006, 03:06 AM) View Post
Michael Bay isn't going to let us down.
I disagree. The movie will be a hit because of the company handling the CG. It's the robots transforming we're going to pay to see after all. I'm convinced the story and the directing will blow, but the movie will kill at the box office because of the CG action.

Well, here's my contribution: an on-set picture of Bumblebee.

IPB Image

#7 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:00 PM

Bumblebee full-sized model:
IPB Image

Megatron full-sized model (creation):
IPB Image

Sure to disappoint a lot of fans, Megatron now resembles the Guyver. The addage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," clearly wasn't taken into consideration. sleep.gif

Megatron WIP:
IPB Image

IPB Image

Megatron modes:
IPB Image

Megatron battle mode close-up:
IPB Image

#8 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:11 PM

yeah bumble bee and optimus are the only ones shown so far that look good...

megatron is megadisappointing... biggrin.gif unsure.gif dry.gif

#9 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:18 PM

Here's another one.

Incinerator:

IPB Image

Larger version:
http://img359.images...ineratordb8.jpg

#10 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Aug 25 2006, 01:37 PM) View Post
Megatron full-sized model (creation):
IPB Image
This is supposed to be Megatron encased in ice in as he's found in the beginning of the film.

Ironhide, Optimus Prime, Ratchet and Bumblebee in Spike's backyard:
IPB Image

Optimus Prime:
IPB Image

I heard that Soundwave won't be in the film. That's a little disappointing, but it makes sense because a three-story tall robot can't transform into an iPod. laugh.gif

Note: I received most of these pics through email except the last two. I found them here:
http://www.joblo.com...ex.php?id=12532

Edit: Optimus Prime:
IPB Image

Edited by metaldevil, 25 August 2006 - 09:24 PM.

#11 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:40 PM

I REALLY hope they decide to change Megatron's design. For the most part, I see that theyre trying to make the Decepticons looks menacing and all. And the only thing I dont like about Optimus are the flames. happy.gif

And I just found this link that has tons of info on the film, and as to why Megatron looks like he does.
EDIT: nvm, cant post the link...so I'll just copy and paste. laugh.gif

Now, having read the script, the idea is Megatron retained his alien Cybertron form in part because of his contempt for earthlings and all things Earth related. If you hate them, why trans-scan into a earth form. So the idea is to scream "look!, evil alien robot." On that beat, they absolutely nailed it. Sadly though if you are looking for your childhood Megatron, there is nada (but maybe get that in the voice perhaps?).

and heres Starscream:
IPB Image

Scorponok:
IPB Image

And some info on the movie if any of you have yet to hear about it:
Autobot Cast:
Optimus Prime (known)
Bumblebee (known)
Jazz
Rachet (known or at least hinted at in by Megan Fox)
Ironhide

Decepticon Cast:
Megatron (known)
Starscream (known)
Brawl (known)
Barricade
Bonecrusher (known)
Scorponok (known)
Frenzy
Blackout

Character descriptions:
- Mr. Orci said, "every society has that noble king. That King Arthur."
- Bumblebee is the "same underdog, same G1 character we know and love." and that despite being a Chevrolet Camaro "The clothes don't make the man." Be aware that Hasbro had approached BMW to make a Bumblebee Alternator/Binal-Tech toy but they declined as they did not want to be associated with war toys. I am betting that policy extended to the movie.
- Jazz's attitude is "can't do something with style it's not worth doing at all."
- Rachet continues to be the medic of the group but will not match is Gen One alt mode (good call, his alt mode was ugly even then).
- Ironhide remains the gutsy muscle of the group (hopefully new alt mode too) and make "any Transformer bust an O-ring just with his stare."
- Megs will be explored beyond just the usual evil, destroy this and that mentality.
- Starscream will continue to try "to best Megatron."
- Brawl is an "extremely pissed off Decepticon" and is based on other iterations of the Transformers (not sure which one) which may continue in sequels.
- Bonecrusher is basically Megatron's willing slave.
- Barricade os the Saleen Mustang police car seen here and who likes to hunt down the Autobots.
- Scorponok is closest to the Beast Wars iteration with a "little bit of flavors from the other things."
- Frenzy is the replacement Soundwave. The alt mode will be a stereo. Before you moan, remember that the goal is pseudo realism, so could you take seriouslyseriousily as some 3 foot tall Decepticon? I couldn't. Better to not do it at all if can't do it right, so good decision in my opinion.
- Blackout is the EMP guy. Has the weapons to knock out most electronic items, which of course means uh ohs for the military and the Autobots.

Q&A portion:- The writers grew with G1 so they believe they are very familiar with the Transformer universe.
- They use the toys to help figure out the words that fit the character.
- The movie does not require to audience to be familiar with the TF universe but there will be references that fans will understand.
- The ratio of characters is greater then the rumors 70% humans, 30% robots. How much greater was not indicated. Humans do have a strong part as the approach is Jurassic Park in the awe of the first interaction with sentient machines on a grand scale.
- "There is no cheating. No mass shifting." (hince why no Soundwave)
- The reason for more Decepticons then Autobots is to emphasize that in order for the Autobots to triumph, they would need to "use togetherness, unity, [and] friendship."
- The hate/hate more relationship between Megatron and Starscream will be honored.
- For weapons, in robot mode, mostly the pulse kind, in alt mode, whatever matches that mode such as missles, bullets etc.
- For voice actors, "everybody you would want to be considered is being considered."
- To close the chat, a mention was of an upcoming contest - Write a line for Optimus Prime. The site for it will be live in a few weeks and the winner will have their line spoken by Optimus.

Nelson, the admin for Michael Bay's official website, ShootForTheEdit.com, has posted some tidbits in regards to various things Transformers.

1- They will be releasing more teaser posters in the coming months.

2- Paramount made studies and concluded that the TF "ANNOUNCEMENT" was the 2nd highest rated "teaser" this summer.

3.- They just finished shooting a lot of Pentagon interiors on a soundstage in scenes that involved many Chiefs of staff in their huge war room.

4.- Shia just was recently suspended over the edge of a 20 story building in a very dynamic and intense scene.

5.- The average transformation time from normal mode to alt mode and vice versa is about 3 to 4 seconds.

6.- The leaked pictures are legit (although a somewhat early rendering).

7.- Filming of massive chase scenes will begin in the following weeks.

8.- The CGI transformations by ILM are looking wicked and nastier every single day.

9.- Part 1 will be about why the transformers came to earth.

10.- This movie will be a new start for the live action franchise that will not be based on any particular TF TV series and/or comic book.

And there's rumored to be a "mystery transformer" that only Bay and Hasbro know about.

Edited by Himura, 25 August 2006 - 09:46 PM.

#12 killab138

killab138

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:having long conversations with<br />my shoes....mmmm....shoes.<br />clams hate me
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

dude i dont even care if it blows or not!
that was my favorite show as a kid(besides voltron...damn i am old)
i'll go see it even if they transform into puppies.
transformers frikin rock your face!!!!!!!!!!!! \00/

#13 sulfur

sulfur

Super Xbox Saiyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

IPB Image

#14 metaldevil

metaldevil