Transformers The Movie
Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:15 PM
The site recently went live, and this teaser is being shown in theaters this weekend
Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:59 PM
Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:46 AM
Just wondering about the possability of that being for the movie...?
I just hope the plot isn't gonna be all retarded, I wanna see Megatron transform into a freaking GUN dammit!
Sorry, I'm just mad cause I had Optimus when I was a kid, and my best friend had the badass die-cast looking Megatron gun...stupid grandparents.
Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:29 AM
Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:18 AM
Well, here's my contribution: an on-set picture of Bumblebee.
Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:00 PM
Megatron full-sized model (creation):
Sure to disappoint a lot of fans, Megatron now resembles the Guyver. The addage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," clearly wasn't taken into consideration.
Megatron battle mode close-up:
Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:11 PM
megatron is megadisappointing...
Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:06 PM
Ironhide, Optimus Prime, Ratchet and Bumblebee in Spike's backyard:
I heard that Soundwave won't be in the film. That's a little disappointing, but it makes sense because a three-story tall robot can't transform into an iPod.
Note: I received most of these pics through email except the last two. I found them here:
Edit: Optimus Prime:
Edited by metaldevil, 25 August 2006 - 09:24 PM.
Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:40 PM
And I just found this link that has tons of info on the film, and as to why Megatron looks like he does.
EDIT: nvm, cant post the link...so I'll just copy and paste.
and heres Starscream:
And some info on the movie if any of you have yet to hear about it:
Optimus Prime (known)
Rachet (known or at least hinted at in by Megan Fox)
- Mr. Orci said, "every society has that noble king. That King Arthur."
- Bumblebee is the "same underdog, same G1 character we know and love." and that despite being a Chevrolet Camaro "The clothes don't make the man." Be aware that Hasbro had approached BMW to make a Bumblebee Alternator/Binal-Tech toy but they declined as they did not want to be associated with war toys. I am betting that policy extended to the movie.
- Jazz's attitude is "can't do something with style it's not worth doing at all."
- Rachet continues to be the medic of the group but will not match is Gen One alt mode (good call, his alt mode was ugly even then).
- Ironhide remains the gutsy muscle of the group (hopefully new alt mode too) and make "any Transformer bust an O-ring just with his stare."
- Megs will be explored beyond just the usual evil, destroy this and that mentality.
- Starscream will continue to try "to best Megatron."
- Brawl is an "extremely pissed off Decepticon" and is based on other iterations of the Transformers (not sure which one) which may continue in sequels.
- Bonecrusher is basically Megatron's willing slave.
- Barricade os the Saleen Mustang police car seen here and who likes to hunt down the Autobots.
- Scorponok is closest to the Beast Wars iteration with a "little bit of flavors from the other things."
- Frenzy is the replacement Soundwave. The alt mode will be a stereo. Before you moan, remember that the goal is pseudo realism, so could you take seriouslyseriousily as some 3 foot tall Decepticon? I couldn't. Better to not do it at all if can't do it right, so good decision in my opinion.
- Blackout is the EMP guy. Has the weapons to knock out most electronic items, which of course means uh ohs for the military and the Autobots.
Q&A portion:- The writers grew with G1 so they believe they are very familiar with the Transformer universe.
- They use the toys to help figure out the words that fit the character.
- The movie does not require to audience to be familiar with the TF universe but there will be references that fans will understand.
- The ratio of characters is greater then the rumors 70% humans, 30% robots. How much greater was not indicated. Humans do have a strong part as the approach is Jurassic Park in the awe of the first interaction with sentient machines on a grand scale.
- "There is no cheating. No mass shifting." (hince why no Soundwave)
- The reason for more Decepticons then Autobots is to emphasize that in order for the Autobots to triumph, they would need to "use togetherness, unity, [and] friendship."
- The hate/hate more relationship between Megatron and Starscream will be honored.
- For weapons, in robot mode, mostly the pulse kind, in alt mode, whatever matches that mode such as missles, bullets etc.
- For voice actors, "everybody you would want to be considered is being considered."
- To close the chat, a mention was of an upcoming contest - Write a line for Optimus Prime. The site for it will be live in a few weeks and the winner will have their line spoken by Optimus.
1- They will be releasing more teaser posters in the coming months.
2- Paramount made studies and concluded that the TF "ANNOUNCEMENT" was the 2nd highest rated "teaser" this summer.
3.- They just finished shooting a lot of Pentagon interiors on a soundstage in scenes that involved many Chiefs of staff in their huge war room.
4.- Shia just was recently suspended over the edge of a 20 story building in a very dynamic and intense scene.
5.- The average transformation time from normal mode to alt mode and vice versa is about 3 to 4 seconds.
6.- The leaked pictures are legit (although a somewhat early rendering).
7.- Filming of massive chase scenes will begin in the following weeks.
8.- The CGI transformations by ILM are looking wicked and nastier every single day.
9.- Part 1 will be about why the transformers came to earth.
10.- This movie will be a new start for the live action franchise that will not be based on any particular TF TV series and/or comic book.
And there's rumored to be a "mystery transformer" that only Bay and Hasbro know about.
Edited by Himura, 25 August 2006 - 09:46 PM.
Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:33 PM
that was my favorite show as a kid(besides voltron...damn i am old)
i'll go see it even if they transform into puppies.
transformers frikin rock your face!!!!!!!!!!!! \00/
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users