#1 v0va

v0va

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:17 AM

Ok, this is my dilemma, I have my computer hooked up to wireless thorough LAN using Linksys Wireless Router and a Linkys Wireless Card. I have my xbox running from my computer connected to the onboard ethernet plug. I did this so I could stream movie to my xbox from my computer faster because the wireless adapter on the xbox just didn't cut it for the HD Stream.

This is my problem, when the xbox is up and running, not even connected to live or media center, the internet on my PC internet runs really reallly slow, were talking 56k. It almost feels like there is an uneven distribution of bandwidth and my xbox is getting it ALL.

My question is, what would be a better way to run this set up. In the network options I currently have my Wireless Card and LAN Card ( that is hooked up to the xbox) bridged so the internet gets shared. Or should I just let my xbox access to the internet and not have them bridged. Is anyone running the same setup? Please help me out, like what configuration you used, ip addresses, setting, and etc. Thanks again!

#2 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:04 AM

Moving to Xbox 360 Live Chat

#3 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE(v0va @ Jul 9 2006, 10:24 PM) View Post
Ok, this is my dilemma, I have my computer hooked up to wireless thorough LAN using Linksys Wireless Router and a Linkys Wireless Card. I have my xbox running from my computer connected to the onboard ethernet plug. I did this so I could stream movie to my xbox from my computer faster because the wireless adapter on the xbox just didn't cut it for the HD Stream.

This is my problem, when the xbox is up and running, not even connected to live or media center, the internet on my PC internet runs really reallly slow, were talking 56k. It almost feels like there is an uneven distribution of bandwidth and my xbox is getting it ALL.

My question is, what would be a better way to run this set up. In the network options I currently have my Wireless Card and LAN Card ( that is hooked up to the xbox) bridged so the internet gets shared. Or should I just let my xbox access to the internet and not have them bridged. Is anyone running the same setup? Please help me out, like what configuration you used, ip addresses, setting, and etc. Thanks again!

You're saying you're not connected to live or media center. This means that your xbox is not requesting any data and therefore is not effecting your pc's internet performance. Either you don't notice that you have Live downloads in the background or you're lying about what your xbox is downloading but regardless if your xbox has no traffic going to it, it will not effect your pc. If it has traffic going across it, it will effect your pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users