• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pyro0623

Pyro0623

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Computers and technology, Xbox moddin', Playin' vids on my xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:05 AM

Here are some tips for the unsure regarding mods and why they work/dont work, these are from my own personal experience with morrowind modding.

First Any mods or combination of mods that take up more ram than is left after the game has taken it's share WILL over-run your ram and crash your game. keep this in mind. (also, before you ask, PCs have page files and more than 64MB of ram, xboxes dont)

Second any mods that are solely made of one Esp and are just patches to data already existing in the game will work 100 percent without much wasted resources, and usually don't need to be put throught the DTK(dependency tool kit). any thing with lots of new meshes, textures and scripts are very ram intesive, see #1.

Third, most scripts made for the pc version cannot just be dropped into the xbox without putting them through the CS and cleaning them(don't ask me how, i dont know a thing about it yet), i've had many a mod appear to work at first, but usually ends up with glitches, or just breaking the guards "Pay Fine\Resist arrest\Go to Jail" Dialog and they just end up attacking you outright, or the core quest just goes to shit.

Finally, dont bitch at me for being wrong and your stuff works, this is just my own experience and what i've fond to be true with the stuff i've tried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users