3 replies to this topic

#1 playitloud413

playitloud413

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:15 PM

hey guys,

i've been looking everywhere for a how-to on putting a bigger hard drive in a softmodded xbox but for the life of me, i can't find one. maybe i'm blind and there's one right here on xbox-scene, but if someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial for this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

and one other quick question: if you get a usb->xbox converter, is it possible to plug in an external hard drive to the xbox? i know people use usb thumb drives to get files on the xbox, so wouldn't mass storage devices work?

thanks for the info.

--playitloud413

#2 Pojojedichicken

Pojojedichicken

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(playitloud413 @ Jul 10 2006, 09:22 PM) View Post

hey guys,

i've been looking everywhere for a how-to on putting a bigger hard drive in a softmodded xbox but for the life of me, i can't find one. maybe i'm blind and there's one right here on xbox-scene, but if someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial for this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

and one other quick question: if you get a usb->xbox converter, is it possible to plug in an external hard drive to the xbox? i know people use usb thumb drives to get files on the xbox, so wouldn't mass storage devices work?

thanks for the info.

--playitloud413

USB HDs wont work on xbox, enough said. You could use this tutorial Whats important is you put the softmod on the new hard drive, and lock it with your xbox's locking key.

#3 circusmonki

circusmonki

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:08 AM

ive found that XboxHDM is much easier to use and fairly self explanitory.
ild recommend using that:)

#4 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:29 AM

Yes, using XboxHDM is one of the easiest ways of upgrading your softmodded Xbox's hard drive.

Try following the XboxHDM guide in my signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users