11 replies to this topic

#1 deliverymanxas

deliverymanxas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:55 AM

Just started playing Oblivion, about 8 hours into it, and want to do some treasure hunting.
I want to travel the lands and find any and all treasures that lay buried. Is there anybody here that has a map of a couple treasures? In Morrowind, I found a link with a couple "treasure maps" and wondered if the same was out for Oblivion yet.

Thanks

#2 deliverymanxas

deliverymanxas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:40 AM

Assuming that there is not map, yet. Does anybody have a recent location for treasure? I have found a couple of quests that paid off big on Ebony and Dwarven items. But thats about it.

#3 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:20 AM

did you want quests? or just hidden loot?

#4 Dalpura

Dalpura

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests, but writing about them isn't one.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:58 AM

Well if you want to just find some good stuff, just go walking along the roads and enter any caves/forts/Ayleid ruins you find. Depending what level you are, there's usually good stuff to be found (the higher your level, the better the loot). There's quite a few Ayleid ruins and forts on the road/s surrounding the Imperial City, and one Ayleid ruin to the South-West with some great armour and one of the best swords in the game. Otherwise you'll usually just find gold, gems, enchanted weapons/armour/ alchemical equipment -- that sort of stuff. Stuff that's useful and has a decent sale value.

Just remember to take lots of lockpicks because you'll almost always come across locked chests and doors. And don't forget to take a silver/daedric weapon in case of ghosts. Oh, and you might want to watch out for vampires in some places. Most of the time it'll just be creatures, zombies, skeletons, easy enemies basically.

Here is a list of locations. Just pick one you're interested in and it'll give you a map and items of interest there.

#5 deliverymanxas

deliverymanxas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 21 2006, 11:27 PM) View Post

did you want quests? or just hidden loot?

Hiddel loot...
Im finding some, but Im having problems 'treasure hunting' like I did in Morrowind.

#6 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

Most of it is just randomly generated, loot will be different based on your level. However, there are some good pieces that can be found at only particular places, again the minority by far of loot, but I do not know of any map for them, nor do I know off hand their general location at all, I just remember reading about it.

#7 deliverymanxas

deliverymanxas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:26 AM

Ok, I found a map of some locations. But nothing in the rivers/water. I know there are some things in the water because I have found maps and quests that point to the water. Found some pretty cool stuff too. Does anybody here know of any pretty sweet loot underwater? Distance is not a problem because I found that Glass Helmet that gives Night-eye and Water Breathing.

Thanks

#8 mathias

mathias

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:58 PM

where you find a map at?

#9 boxrocker

boxrocker

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(deliverymanxas @ Aug 1 2006, 07:33 PM) View Post

Ok, I found a map of some locations. But nothing in the rivers/water. I know there are some things in the water because I have found maps and quests that point to the water. Found some pretty cool stuff too. Does anybody here know of any pretty sweet loot underwater? Distance is not a problem because I found that Glass Helmet that gives Night-eye and Water Breathing.

Thanks

There is one thing in the water off the coast of Anvil I believe. It's in this sub-forum somewhere.

#10 deliverymanxas

deliverymanxas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(boxrocker @ Aug 2 2006, 11:41 AM) View Post

There is one thing in the water off the coast of Anvil I believe. It's in this sub-forum somewhere.

Thats where I found the glass helm of nite eye/water breathing. Im just wondering if anybody else has found anything yet. Ive been swimming around for a couple of days and just cant really make anything out. The only other treasure that I have found underwater was from that ghost ship quest (some guy wanted to be rescued/freed). Dont remember the quest name right off hand...Night-Watchman?

#11 deliverymanxas

deliverymanxas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE(mathias @ Aug 2 2006, 11:05 AM) View Post

where you find a map at?

"Enchanted Glass Helm" on page 13 of the Forums. Might still be page 13 (dont know how to give link).

#12 joekickass-2007

joekickass-2007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:11 PM

hey m8 i was in robbers glen cave not too long ago and im not sure if its my lvl but all i found were some imps and some cool armour
its on the road north of bravil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users