• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 iaaan

iaaan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

Hey, i have had a modded xbox for ages but only recently started to use it for stuff other than playing copied games. I have managed to suss out FTP and emulators and stuff now after a good few days, but my problem arised when i wanted to put an xbox game from my pc and wanted to store it onto my xbox hd rather than burning it to a disk and playing it that way. I know i have an 80gb hard drive in there so tried to FTP it to that. However, i wasnt allowed. I am using Evo X and looking on the system settings, it says I have C, D, E, F, G, X, Y, Z. When using flash FXP, it says my F and G drive both have space on but looking on the system settings, it says that there space is 0.

FlashFXP says this about the drives:
[R] 150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /F/.
[R] 226 free disk space under this directory : 748.059.789.208

[R] 150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /G/.
[R] 226 free disk space under this directory : 748.059.789.208

I cannot however put stuff on to these drives as they fail and my evo x system settings say that there is 0 space on them. Any ideas?

#2 circusmonki

circusmonki

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:38 PM

well if u have an 80GB HDD then u shouldn't have any space under G.
U should have around 70GB total space under F.
Um try using XBMC or avalaunch. those are my two favourite dashboards for FTP.
Have a look under the file browser in both of them and see if that says u have any free space.
SmartFTP is the ftp client i recommend because i have found it to be very stable.
These probably wont fix ur problem but u can always try right?

#3 grovespaz

grovespaz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

Have you already formatted f: ?
Try anyway tongue.gif

#4 iaaan

iaaan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:54 PM

Dont think ive had it formatted yet nope blink.gif

Any ideas how to do it either through FTP or through EvoX?

Any help would be greatful!

Thanks biggrin.gif

#5 iaaan

iaaan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

Still playing around with it. Im not sure if my F drive has been formatted or not. There are C, D, E, F, G, X, Y, Z drives showing up through flashfxp but i cannot ftp to f or g. Looking on the system info through XBMC, f and g drives do not show up. It also says under the Hard Disk option there is 64mb of space when there is 80 gb. However, through XBMC and the My files options, there is the f and the g drive as well as a Q drive now too which is labelled at having 1.4gb of space on it were as my f n g dont have any space showing up. Through evox system settings, they both show up but contain no space. I didnt mod my xbox myself and was done over a year ago now. Im really desperate for help as i need these drives enabling in order to store games and other things on them. If you need any more information then just say and il give all i can. Im not an expert at this by any means!

Thank you in advance for helping me, im really greatful for anything you can offer.

#6 iaaan

iaaan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:10 PM

Sorry for the triple post. Just tried ripping a game to my xbox through dvd2xbox. I changed the settings to enable F n G drive. It then let me rip a game to the f drive. However, everything else as i said before has stayed the same. I cannot access the ripped game nor see were it is stored on the xbox at all. Im really confused lol.

#7 grovespaz

grovespaz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:12 PM

Taken from here.
You will now need to send "Raw FTP Commands" with your FTP client. You may have to hunt through the pull down menus for an option called "send raw FTP command." Send the following "Raw FTP Command" with your FTP client:

Formatpath \Device\Harddisk0\Partition6

The FTP app will echo a hard drive key (later referred to as 'the number') (display a long number in a dialog box). Use that key for the next command.

FormatDrive 'the number' (no quotes)

Before you try this, could someone confirm partition 6 is F:?

#8 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:49 AM

F is partition 6.

You could also get Xbpartitioner and use it to format the F drive.

Put it in the E drive with your Apps.

#9 iaaan

iaaan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:55 PM

Thanks guys (and gals, just incase) I'll give it a go and report on how well it goes.

#10 iaaan

iaaan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:28 PM

Right i got the xbpartioner thingy n put it on in the E drive. I then clicked to run it before realising i hadn't a clue how to use it. It had numbers 1-5 in the top section then 6-12 in the extended section. I also formatted it using the Rawcommands in FlashFXP n it still wouldnt let me ftp over to my f drive. sad.gif. Anyone help me out here?

Edited by iaaan, 14 July 2006 - 05:31 PM.

#11 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:08 PM

Did you reboot after formatting?

#12 iaaan

iaaan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:33 PM

Yup, still nothing though sad.gif

#13 iaaan

iaaan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

Another thing, in my evox dash, it says F: 0. So its still showing nothings there. Any other ideas please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users