Photo

Any Way To See Skill Progression Since Last Level-up?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 ColKurtz

ColKurtz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:16 AM

Is there any easy way to tell what skills have progressed and by how much since the last level-up? I'm trying to get +5 bonuses in 3 targeted attributes each time, and minimize "wasted" skill upgrades (ie 10 major skill points, and 20 minor skill points, per level-up) I'm not going to micromanage it the whole game, but since it doesn't take much time to level-up the first few levels I'd like to take advantage of that as much as possible.

The game shows how far each skill is towards its next level, and how many total skill upgrades you have since you started your character, but not a counter since the last level? aargh. Am I missing it, or do they just make it difficult to manage this (it's annoying having to write it down).

TIA.

#2 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

no im sorry they do not.

#3 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:31 PM

i have an excel spreadsheet to take care of it, not exactly writing it down, quick and easy, can see it all at once, color coded and everything.

#4 ColKurtz

ColKurtz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 12 2006, 04:38 PM) View Post

i have an excel spreadsheet to take care of it, not exactly writing it down, quick and easy, can see it all at once, color coded and everything.

Cool. Color coded as in attributes for each skill? Care to share it?

#5 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:21 PM

MAN, just read this thread and they said to have the best character and have everything at 100 you put strengh and luck as favored and i havent been keeping a record and ive been skipping +5's sometimes. makes me want to start a new character. but i dont know cuz im a level 27 on my current one.

#6 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:45 PM

hey can you save your file and upload it on rapidshare or something. thanks, i dont know how to use excel. or can you maybe make a template and we can switch the skills around and print it out.

Edited by I Am Aurora, 13 July 2006 - 02:58 PM.

#7 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:12 PM

can someone explain the skill process to me, can i get +5 on every attribute when i level up?!?

#8 ColKurtz

ColKurtz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(I Am Aurora @ Jul 13 2006, 10:19 AM) View Post

can someone explain the skill process to me, can i get +5 on every attribute when i level up?!?

For every 10 level-ups in a skill, the attribute associated with that skill gets a +5 bonus at level-up. So if you get 10 level-ups in Heavy Armor, which has Endurance as it's attribute, then Endurance get's a +5 when level-up. If you only get 8 points in Heavy Armor, you only get a +4 bonus, and so on.

Actually, the +5 bonus is for any combination of skills within a group... since Block and Heavy Armor are both endurance, you could get 3 levels in Block, and 7 in Heavy armor, or 4 in Heavy and 6 in Block, etc...and you still get the +5. They just have to add up to 10.

This is true for both major skills and minor skills, but as soon you get +10 in ANY combinaton of major skills, you stop accruing bonuses. If you are told to rest and level-up, but you keep fighting, you could keep upgrading skills, but those level-ups won't count towards bonus points when you rest. So always rest as soon as possible when you're told to.

#9 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:43 PM

ok i understand now. so what race do you think is better for a warrior who only uses magic for restoration, a nord, an orc, or a redgaurd.

#10 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:54 PM

ya sure, it\'s not too big of deal, i\'ll upload it when i get home, currently at work. i forgot about this thread or i would have done it. but it seriously is no big deal. i just list all the attributes and they are color coded for their particular skill set. for example, all the strength skills are in red, so then you can keep track of how many points you have put into Strength, and then you can also keep track of how many points you have put into your major skills and put towards leveling up.

only problem is, it is greatly customized to my character. that being you\'d have to insert all of your own personal levels and point values, as well as rearrange it so your major and minor skills are seperated. i\'ll post a screenshot of it too so u don\'t download before you know what it is. but seriously, all it is, is just an advanced piece of paper to keep track of where i am at to make sure i get +10 in 3 areas as to get the 3 +5\'s at the end.

i would be more than happy to code something up in C++, java, or something. i know the languages real well. problem is i took them in classes in college here, so i know the languages but that\\\'s about it, i\\\'m not real good with the gui and such stuff to make things real easy. what i would code would be fairly robust and command prompt based. unless someone has some exp in the gui aspect, i\'d be more than happy to team up.

i suppose i could do it up in visual basic, have a drop down box to select your shit.

For every 10 level-ups in a skill, the attribute associated with that skill gets a +5 bonus at level-up. So if you get 10 level-ups in Heavy Armor, which has Endurance as it\'s attribute, then Endurance get\'s a +5 when level-up. If you only get 8 points in Heavy Armor, you only get a +4 bonus, and so on.

Actually, the +5 bonus is for any combination of skills within a group... since Block and Heavy Armor are both endurance, you could get 3 levels in Block, and 7 in Heavy armor, or 4 in Heavy and 6 in Block, etc...and you still get the +5. They just have to add up to 10.

This is true for both major skills and minor skills, but as soon you get +10 in ANY combinaton of major skills, you stop accruing bonuses. If you are told to rest and level-up, but you keep fighting, you could keep upgrading skills, but those level-ups won\'t count towards bonus points when you rest. So always rest as soon as possible when you\'re told to.

this is all correct except the last part, after you are told to rest. any further progression are added to your NEXT level. one time early on, i thought it didn\'t matter when being told to rest so i kept working on my skills. it ended up leveling me twice, i had one screen pop up to choose my attirbute +\'s and then it told me to rest again, and i got a second screen immediately after with a couple +5\'s in it. so all that work had counted towards my next level, after telling me to rest. if thats what you meant, sorry, it didn\'t seem like that, so i felt i\'d point it out.

Edited by Maverick0984, 13 July 2006 - 07:10 PM.

#11 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:53 PM

is there any way to prevent from getting wasted levels like if i leveled up and i had stregnth +5 Luck +5 and endurance +5 and agility +2. o yea is it possible to get +5 in luck if its your favored attribute.

Edited by I Am Aurora, 13 July 2006 - 07:53 PM.

#12 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

once u increase a skill in an area that you aren\'t focusing on, that increase is wasted, there is nothing you can do about that, other than be as efficient as possible. my blade is at like level 83 and is still leveling faster than i want when i go into dungeons and stuff and i\'m trying to be careful. it really isn\'t a big deal to me. u\'ll get them all to 100 eventually, just concentrate on getting 3 +5\'s and anything after that or \"overlap\" as little wasting as possible.

#13 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:06 PM

double post...

Edited by Maverick0984, 13 July 2006 - 08:20 PM.

#14 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:11 PM

so maybe i should have endurance as a favored with luck instead of strength because on my new nord guy im gonna have the following majors. heavy armor, armorer, blade, athletics, restoration, block, and something else

#15 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:50 PM

i\'d make that something else destruction, i regret not having that as a major. but i\'m not sure how you can increase Luck. other than right away in the beginning, i\'ve never had that option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users