#1 Cabrill

Cabrill

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 May 2003 - 10:23 PM

I ordered a Matrix modchip from Mods4less.com on Apr. 24th, chose the "Best Way"@$6.05 shipping, and on Apr. 25th I was sent a letter claiming my package had been mailed, and supplied this USPS Delivery Confirmation # 0103 8555 7490 7344 7615. I continued to check the status of it for several days but it kept reading:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on April 25, 2003 to expect your package for mailing. Status is updated every evening. Please check again later. "

I took this to mean that the USPS had not yet recieved the package and had just been informed to expect a package, so on Apr. 29th I sent them an email asking when it was going to ship. I never recieved a reply to that email. On Apr. 30th I tried their "Online Webchat" and after sitting in a room of 10 customers(mix of angry/silent) and 10 completely silent Moderators without recieving so much as a reply to my questions I left angry, but determined to continue being patient. By May 3rd, the message on the USPS number was the same so I tried the webchat again, and after about 10 minutes of complaining someone finally answered, told me that the package had indeed shipped, but USPS only updates that page when the package has reached it's final destionation, and no sooner. Content, and expecting the package to arrive any day I continued waiting. But it's now been 4 days since then(13 days since I place my original order) the mail has come and gone today, and still no modchip. I sent another email(probably will never be answered, like the first one I sent), and tried the webchat again, but it's down.

So, I'm beginning to think this is some type of scam or something. The only reference to Mods4less.com I can find on the internet is this Urban Dictionary entry:

http://www.urbandict...?term=mods4less
"A site from which you may or may not receive your order."
and
"Homosexuals dealing in ilegal hardware; Believe they are l33t."

Basically, I want to know if anyone has ever successfully completed a transaction with these guys and if there's any advice on what I can do to clear this situation up. Thank you.

#2 Canadian Drunkard

Canadian Drunkard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:12 PM

Hey, atleast you got a tracking number! I ordered mine on April 20th and under my account it says "pending." Try talking to Desi... although I warn you, he is slow, very, very, very slow. What I meen is that even if you reply to what he says in the chat, right away, it will be 30 mintutes before he replies back to you.

- May 8th..... Pending, no tracking number, no word, no hope....

Edited by Canadian Drunkard, 07 May 2003 - 11:13 PM.

#3 Cabrill

Cabrill

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, Desi' is the one guy who answered me in chat the second time around. Is that the same person as Ironaki on AIM that I've been trying to talk to(he's been AFK)?

#4 Canadian Drunkard

Canadian Drunkard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:44 PM

I really, really, really do not want to have to install AOL messenger just to get my order processed....

#5 schlacht

schlacht

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:06 AM

Ordered 3/24, still nothing. They have not replied to even one of my emails. I have received two conf numbers. The first one was shipped to North Carolina ( I live in California), then the second package they sent WAS EMPTY.

I have talked to them via IRC and AOL IM, I have been promised shipments, upgrades to over night for the "wait", and everything. I still have seen nothing!

#6 Cabrill

Cabrill

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:17 AM

Thanks to a tip, I tried talking to Ironaki on AIM. This is how the conversation went:

Cabrill (7:49:41 PM): Hi, I noticed you're no longer away. Do you have time to respond to the message I left earlier?
I Ro N a K I (7:49:48 PM): Yes
I Ro N a K I (7:49:53 PM): How may I help you
Cabrill (7:50:20 PM): Thank you, yes I place an order on Apr. 24th, and it was shipped immediately(Apr. 25th) but I still haven't recieved it and I fear it may have been lost in the mail.
Cabrill (7:50:22 PM): It's order #960
I Ro N a K I (7:51:07 PM): Delivery Confirmation Label Number: 0103 8555 7490 7344 7615
Cabrill (7:51:32 PM): Right, it says it shipped 13 days ago, but I didn't think it should take this long(13 days)
Cabrill (7:55:36 PM): I know there's nothing you can do to speed up the mail of course ;o) But wanted to know how long I should wait before I presume it was lost in the mail, and what can be done?

Auto response from I Ro N a K I (7:55:36 PM): I am away from my computer right now.

I read other people's chat logs with him, why does he always disappear mid-conversation? Even if it weren't bad customer relations, it just seems rude in general. Like a clerk helping you at a store, then holds up a hand, walks out the door and goes off to lunch.

#7 Canadian Drunkard

Canadian Drunkard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:32 AM

yep Desi is the same way... I think they are the same person. I talked to him earlyer, I asked him to look up my account, he looked up the wrong one by "accident" then left the chat. He returned 10 mins later and ignored me.

#8 fataldog187

fataldog187

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:07 AM

actually i had a good experience with talking to desi, once i finally got ahold of him on irc, we only talked for about 3min, he fixed all my problems, answered all my questions and gave me my tracking number, i got my matrix 2 days later (4 days after i ordered), though the more people i talk to and the more posts i read, i figure i mustve been pretty lucky with all the problems everyone else has had

cabrill, from your post on cdrom-guide, it seems like you think thier irc channel is only available through thier website, you can actually download an irc client like mIRC and go to #mods4less on efnet and try contacting them that way if thier website is down

#9 Cabrill

Cabrill

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 04:18 AM

Ah, thank you. I didn't realize it was efnet hosted. The IRC server it tries to connect to is something like webconnect.mods4less.com or something similar, so I thought it was a private IRC server.

#10 Cabrill

Cabrill

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:23 PM

Just wanted to give you an update on my situation. It took some doing but I finally had a meaningful conversation with IRoNaKI:

Cabrill (4:05:58 PM): Are you able to help? My package was supposed to have shipped Priority Mail(2-3 day delivery) over 2 weeks ago, but still hasn't arrived. I believe it was overlooked and not shipped, or was lost in the mail. I've been trying to get some help with this for some time now but no one in the chat responds, and none of my emails sent by your website are answered. Are you able to help me?
I Ro N a K I (4:06:10 PM): Hello
I Ro N a K I (4:06:11 PM): Yes
Cabrill (4:06:15 PM): Thank you, Ironaki
I Ro N a K I (4:06:20 PM): What is your order #?
Cabrill (4:06:31 PM): 960, and the tracking number is 0103 8555 7490 7344 7615
I Ro N a K I (4:06:33 PM): I have gotten several of your messages, but you usually sign off.
Cabrill (4:06:52 PM): I'm sorry, I try to stay signed on as long as I can.
I Ro N a K I (4:07:07 PM): I understand, it was shipped on the 25th-26th
Cabrill (4:07:54 PM): Yes, that was 2 weeks ago, by Priority Mail(right?), so I'm worried it might have been lost in the mail.
I Ro N a K I (4:07:58 PM): Unfortunatley it may be lost in the mail, it was shipped or tracking wouldn't have been valid.
I Ro N a K I (4:08:04 PM): Yes
I Ro N a K I (4:08:13 PM): I can put a tracer on it for you?
Cabrill (4:08:19 PM): Yes, please do, I'd appreciate that.
I Ro N a K I (4:08:36 PM): Oh, I already inputted yesterday.
I Ro N a K I (4:08:44 PM): A tracer was acaully sent yesterday.
Cabrill (4:08:55 PM): Ok, great! When could I expect to hear from that?
I Ro N a K I (4:09:15 PM): Noting from USPS in past expeirences 5-12 business days.
Cabrill (4:09:46 PM): Ok, thank you. Will you contact me when you hear from them, or should I attempt to re-contact you in a week?
I Ro N a K I (4:12:26 PM): When we received a response we will contact you immediatley
Cabrill (4:12:38 PM): Thank you, I appreciate your help in this unfortunate situation.
I Ro N a K I (4:13:11 PM): We are sorry for the lack of customer support.
Cabrill (4:13:48 PM): I can understand being a small business and just getting off the ground ;o) But yes, it would be helpful if there were more people to assist.
I Ro N a K I (4:14:31 PM): We have been in business for about 11months
Cabrill (4:15:01 PM): Ah, well, I wish you the best of luck in your business, and I do appreciate having yourself personally available via AIM for support whenever possible
I Ro N a K I (4:15:16 PM): Our toll free number is ready also, we will have phone support 9AM - 5PM EST.
I Ro N a K I (4:15:26 PM): Thanks
Cabrill (4:15:27 PM): I wasn't aware. Could I get that number as well?
I Ro N a K I (4:15:46 PM): The number will be one the page, the lines are down.
Cabrill (4:16:17 PM): Oh, ok.

Here's hoping! *crosses his fingers* I'll update again in 5-12 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users