#1 TerminatR

TerminatR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that it looks like the game Prey (retail/copy/whatever) will force you to update your 360 console. (I'm assuming this will only pop up if you havent taken the other live updates)

I have not taken any live updates on my Xbox 360 recently, including the big one the occured on June 6.

I havent actually done anything yet with my console, in case someone wants me to run some tests. It will not let me play the game until I perform this 'update' however, even though I only want to play it offline and don't even have a network cable plugged in.

Any thoughts? uhh.gif

EDIT: For the record, I'm NOT talking about signing on to live to play online, I'm talking about a pure offline environment.... no network cable, no live, no anything. It prompts to perform an update before the game even loads.... if I say no, it goes to the MS dash.

Edited by TerminatR, 12 July 2006 - 09:56 PM.

#2 LilaQ

LilaQ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:58 PM

Sheesh, that's what we feared. But I guess you had to expect it to come. The game will run the update from the DVD itself, not from the internet, and I'd guess that the hacked firmware will be useless after this update. (At least for so long, until another firmware-hack update will be released).

I'd really love to hear some comments from users who have done this forced update.

LilaQ

#3 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:34 PM

Well, maybe it is just the 666 update and the game requires it (even offline) so it is on the disc. Maybe they optomized the game or something to work with all the new features that the 666 update brought.

#4 LilaQ

LilaQ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(Textbook @ Jul 13 2006, 12:41 AM) View Post

Well, maybe it is just the 666 update and the game requires it (even offline) so it is on the disc. Maybe they optomized the game or something to work with all the new features that the 666 update brought.

Hopefully you're right...

#5 xboxexpert

xboxexpert

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:46 PM

I updated and firmware is good here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users