JMan8108

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:47 AM

Well I saw the Madden 07 forum looking a little loney so i figured i'd pop the cherry. I know im pumped for this game. The blocking is gonna be pretty sweet once you get used to it. Also im sure all the madden bells and whistles will be in this one, unlike 06. Graphics like always should be improved. I signed up today for a madden tourney the saturday before release, so that should be fun. Shout out your thoughts about this game.

#2 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

well, if the bugs from 06 are fixed then i'm excited about this one. the return of the challenge flag is always exciting (not sure why it wasn't in 06), the lead blocking should be interesting, can't wait to give that a shot. i just hope the fumbling is tweaked as the QB fumbled the ball way too much, and if madden tells me to take a knee in the 3rd quarter this year too, i'm going to lose the little bit of respect i have for EA

Edited by Reaper527, 13 July 2006 - 03:03 PM.

#3 _Hines_

_Hines_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

I am!!!! smile.gif

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jul 13 2006, 10:09 AM) View Post

well, if the bugs from 06 are fixed then i'm excited about this one. the return of the challenge flag is always exciting (not sure why it wasn't in 06), the lead blocking should be interesting, can't wait to give that a shot. i just hope the fumbling is tweaked as the QB fumbled the ball way too much

Never played 06, but IGN reported that the body figures will look more "realistic" and not that distorted figure they were in 06. Also being introduced is the "running" styles of the players. I.E IGN says "You will swear your actually watching Sean Alexander run the ball by his real-life movements and the way he holds the ball; whether it be high, low, close to his side, or loosely." This should all make for an exciting game!

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jul 13 2006, 10:09 AM) View Post
and if madden tells me to take a knee in the 3rd quarter this year too, i'm going to lose the little bit of respect i have for EA

hahaha, Like I said I never had a chance to play 06, but that would have bugged me as well. However Madden has always been dumb like that in every game. "Did you see the way he scored, he ran past that defender and into the endzone. that was incredible!" lol or something like that.

BTW incase you guys didnt know:

THIS WILL BE THE LAST MADDEN. ohmy.gif

Madden is retiring and I think ESPN is going to take over the game. I have a hunch it will be called NFL 08 next year or something along those lines.

Edited by _Hines_, 13 July 2006 - 06:02 PM.

#4 DCOtter

DCOtter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:51 PM

Changes I want made from 2006

1. The Fucked up Gay Commentary surely im not the only one pissed off with the gay commentary

2. When you throw a pass to the sidelines I want my player to at least try and stay in bounds instead of jumping out of bounds

3. When a ball is thrown into an amazing defensive players hands (Like Brian Dawkins, Rodney Harrison, Ty Law etc.) they dont drop picks like that

Thats all

Im also wondering how the ratings of these players are going to change.

1. Brett Favre
2. Brian Westbrook
3. Chris Simms

And this is going to be interesting

1. Who will Madden rate higher Reggie Bush or 1st round pick Mario Williams
2. Will Vince Young be rated higher than Michael Vick
3. Will Matt Leinart be rated as high as Vince Young
4. Will Blocking FG's be possible it happens *couch* *cough* Matt Ware vs Chargers

#5 _Hines_

_Hines_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(DCOtter @ Jul 15 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post

Changes I want made from 2006
1. The Fucked up Gay Commentary surely im not the only one pissed off with the gay commentary

As long as Madden is there, the commentary will always be that way. If the commentary could even be half as good as NCAA, it might be satisfactory.

QUOTE(DCOtter @ Jul 15 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post

1. Who will Madden rate higher Reggie Bush or 1st round pick Mario Williams
2. Will Vince Young be rated higher than Michael Vick
3. Will Matt Leinart be rated as high as Vince Young
4. Will Blocking FG's be possible it happens *couch* *cough* Matt Ware vs Chargers

1.) Bush b/c he is a rush icon from college. If both were equal in their own positions, Bush would still get it for the simple fact that he is at a key postion (Same goes for QB and WR).

2.)No. Young is a rookie; They wouldnt rate him higher then an explosive QB such as Vick.

3.) In overall? No. However, they are two different style QB's. Leinart will be rated better as a pocket QB with a better arm. Young will be rated similar to Vick with mobility being is rating booster.

4.) Never played 06, but I could rarely block in the Madden series on PS2.

#6 CreziB

CreziB

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:28 PM

Hines, where did you hear that Madden football is going away after this year? After all the work they did to get the NFL rights for this game, I'm surprised to hear that. If you got a link, I'd like to read it.

#7 _Hines_

_Hines_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(CreziB @ Jul 16 2006, 12:35 PM) View Post

Hines, where did you hear that Madden football is going away after this year? After all the work they did to get the NFL rights for this game, I'm surprised to hear that. If you got a link, I'd like to read it.

Well actually i probably shouldnt have posted that without full proof. I was told by EB Games that Madden will be retiring the name after this year and speculations are that it will be titled something like "NFL 08" or along those lines.

However I just googled to see if any info was out yet, but it didnt return any info. So I guess its just speculation. Sorry Ill edit my post.

smile.gif

QUOTE(_Hines_ @ Jul 13 2006, 01:07 PM) View Post

BTW incase you guys didnt know:

THIS MAY BE THE LAST MADDEN. ohmy.gif

As I was told from EB Games, Madden is retiring and I think ESPN is going to take over the game. I have a hunch it will be called NFL 08 next year or something along those lines. [b]BUT Again, this is just speculation

Edited by _Hines_, 17 July 2006 - 12:36 AM.

#8 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:14 PM

i'd also be very surprised if they gave up those rights just a few years after they got them, and i do know quite a few dumbass's that work at EBGames. i'm going to have to call bullshit. if they were going to do that, why would they put so much effort in to bettering the series for '07? to go out on a positive note? doesn't seem likely.

#9 smartygre1

smartygre1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:38 PM

Why retire the name, almost 20 years of name recognition (for football video games) seems like a waste to drop it. Bad marketing IMO.

#10 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 17 2006, 10:21 AM) View Post

i'd also be very surprised if they gave up those rights just a few years after they got them, and i do know quite a few dumbass's that work at EBGames. i'm going to have to call bullshit. if they were going to do that, why would they put so much effort in to bettering the series for '07? to go out on a positive note? doesn't seem likely.

who said anything about them giving up the rights? EA has exclusive NFL rights for a bunch of years. the madden name isn't part of those rights in any way. what the guy was saying is that this will be the last "madden" game, and next year EA will be using a differant name for its NFL game such as ESPN 08 or NFL 08. i don't have any idea how accurate that is, but thats what the guy was trying to say.

Edited by Reaper527, 18 July 2006 - 04:09 PM.

#11 2ez2nv

2ez2nv

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

i cant wait for this game to come out ... does anyone know if you can play on live with this game?? probably can, but just asking ..... it'll be sweeet

#12 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jul 18 2006, 10:15 AM) View Post

who said anything about them giving up the rights? EA has exclusive NFL rights for a bunch of years. the madden name isn't part of those rights in any way. what the guy was saying is that this will be the last "madden" game, and next year EA will be using a differant name for its NFL game such as ESPN 08 or NFL 08. i don't have any idea how accurate that is, but thats what the guy was trying to say.

Madden is retiring and I think ESPN is going to take over the game. I have a hunch it will be called NFL 08 next year or something along those lines.

I was told by EB Games that Madden will be retiring the name after this year and speculations are that it will be titled something like "NFL 08" or along those lines.

um...no, he said he thought ESPN would take over the game, implying that EA was done. In addition to ESPN taking over, saying Madden is done, implied EA was done. If thats not what he meant, he should have worded it differently. Did you read the whole topic or just his most recent post? I was commenting on him saying ESPN would take over the game.

#13 n0friends

n0friends

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:21 AM

i have it....not that good.

i like ncaa better.

#14 DaShiZNiT

DaShiZNiT