Photo

Of All The Sf2 Games, Howd They Come Up With Hf?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dgrams2003

dgrams2003

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

I wonder out how Hyper Fighting was picked amongst all of the classic SF2 games?

My favorite would be Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers

Cant understand why they picked HF? Oh well. Time to go work on my cheap
JUMP, LOW KICK, THROW combos, since so much energy gets taken off from
throwing in these early versions of SF2. smile.gif

I hope people on live dont whine about 'cheap' gameplay.

#2 CreziB

CreziB

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:09 PM

I actually have an snes mini and SSFII: The New Challengers. I think it's great, but I really believe that Hyper Fighting was nearly identical to the original Street Fighter II in terms of mechanics. I'm fine with the decision, but the extra characters would have been cool.

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:36 PM

maybe they're holding off for a "The New Challengers" expansion download for an extra $2 rolleyes.gif

#4 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

I enjoyed SFII Turbo. It had adjustable speed and we used to set it so that the life bars were longer. The fights were crazy, now you just get KO'd after Sagat hits you three times.

#5 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 08 August 2006 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(dgrams2003 @ Jul 14 2006, 04:59 PM) View Post

...I hope people on live dont whine about 'cheap' gameplay.

At this point I've only had one person complain about "cheap" gameplay. I like playing Zangief but without any projectiles if you're caught at the other end of the screen you're only option is to try to jump in and attack.

I usually try to mix it up a bit and pull off a spinning piledriver when I can smile.gif

This one guy was Sagat, constant barage of fireballs, after blocking a few I just started jumping in an kicking whenever he threw a fireball. He ended up winning and at the end he had the gall to turn on his headset and say "go cheese somewhere else"

So I turned mine on and told him that if I was looking to cheese I would have picked e-honda. Then I asked him if he could provided some alternative strategy for dealing with an opponent who does nothing but throw fireballs. He just left after that without saying a word laugh.gif

as chance would have it I fought him again later that night and of course he picked Sagat again... so I picked M.Bison... before the match began I turned on my headset and told him he had a skewed perspective of what cheese was... so I was going to give him a good example. I proceded to psycho-crusher and slide kick him for two nearly perfect rounds....

Just before I killed him he left the game early laugh.gif

#6 jwin767

jwin767

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Computers, technology, gadgets, cars and my 360

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 8 2006, 08:22 PM) View Post

so I was going to give him a good example. I proceded to psycho-crusher and slide kick him for two nearly perfect rounds....

Just before I killed him he left the game early laugh.gif

OWNED!! i love it when people talk smack about "Cheap" Gameplay and they are the CHeap ones, a good player will always win over Cheap players and button bashers

#7 Skin_M

Skin_M

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jul 27 2006, 03:43 PM) View Post

maybe they're holding off for a "The New Challengers" expansion download for an extra $2 rolleyes.gif

I'd buy it. cool.gif

#8 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(jwin767 @ Aug 8 2006, 07:22 PM) View Post

OWNED!! i love it when people talk smack about "Cheap" Gameplay and they are the CHeap ones, a good player will always win over Cheap players and button bashers

Well he played cheap to beat a cheap player, but he taught him a good lesson.

I do agree with you that a skilled player can always beat a cheap one. If the Sagat he was playing was good hey could have fireballed him or tiger uppercut him. You can even catch the Psycho Crusher with a timed press of a button.

No offense Twisted. smile.gif

Edited by esc1, 31 August 2006 - 12:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users