#1 HybridBomb

HybridBomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:51 AM

anyways basically ive searched the forums and have read an assload of stuff on the leds...

my question is if i want to have 6 leds around my window on my case (powered from underside of psu plug as XS Filter - 043008 suggested in another thread); should i just run in all in a line or do like 2 sets of 3 in parallel. and then depending on which you would recommend what would i need for resistors?

like i said i keep reading through it and im sure its a simple answer but i just cant seem to wrap my head around it. im having a slightly retarded day blink.gif

thanks

#2 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:41 AM

Let's look to the experts in the case/hardware modding forum...

#3 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:47 AM

I think it completely depends on your window.

And i wouldnt recommend the power source under the PSU plug, unless youre going to use like 12v LEDs. Just use one of the 5v source points on the top of the mobo. Refer to the pinned tuts, and look at the bottom for sources of power.

For resistors, just get LEDs from like sickmods.net. You get a resistor for each LED, so then all you have to do is solder each resistor to the positive leg of each LED, then solder the resistors to a wire, then that wire to the 5v source. Negative legs can be all soldered to a wire which can then be grounded to the metal case, or other ground points which can be found on XS Filter - 043008s picture "sources of power" Trust me, Itll be alot better and safer to do a resistor per each LED.

Edited by sicknasty413, 16 July 2006 - 02:48 AM.

#4 HybridBomb

HybridBomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:42 PM

alright sweet thanks for the reply smile.gif

i must have looked at XS Filter - 043008s post wrong i thought there were 5v connections near the 12v but ill double check the picture and figure out the best one.

thanks again

Edited by HybridBomb, 16 July 2006 - 10:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users