gavo

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:50 AM

I'm wondering what is the point of useing hamachi in your xbox lan. Does it provide better bandwitch management? I know that there is a program XboxGW that manages bandwitch but it only avaibile for unix. I'm assumeing then that the only point of hamachi would be to allow you to play a system link (lan) with your local friends and also run xlink kai and play online on someone's xlink kai server. Is that what you would use hamachi on xboxs for? You would need a computer to control hamachi but it not like there a cilent for the xbox to connect to it? If anyone has any information that would be greatly appericated

-Gavin

Edited by gavo, 16 July 2006 - 05:51 AM.

#2 MeanMF

MeanMF

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:04 PM

If you're using Kai you don't need any other VPN software running. It wouldn't add anything.

#3 gavo

gavo

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:25 PM

Thank you for the quick reply, I have a few other questions if you don't mind, I'm wondering first of why people would use Hamachi for xbox networking? Xbox lan is pretty much plug and play, The only thing I can think of is that you can remotely connect to the xbox lan, but then you could easily just make a private server in kai and do the same thing. I'm also wondering if kai will allow you to have mulitple xboxs networked and be able to connect to a xlink kai server or be able to host one with pm;y one xlink kai server running on a pc and with one username/pass for that xlink kai server. Sorry I have one more question if you use xlink kai and connect to or run a server. If you have mulitiple xboxs will xlink kai be smart enough to notice that these xboxs connected to your switch/router are on your network and the xboxs in your network would get network lan pings and anyone else that would join non-locally would be internet pings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users