• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigphildogg86

bigphildogg86

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:47 AM

Alright so like I started it up and tried to flash the second bios..which didn't work cause I screwed up on the size. Tried to put the wrong size. So then I switched to bank 1 (the one for v1 - 1.5) and I have a 1.6. But it started up to where I could use the eurasia flash cd and then flash that bank. It worked fine for a bit then all of a sudden it froze while I was in the evolution x dashboard. I switched off the xbox and turned it back on. It won't boot from either bank but will boot to the stock dashboard. I'm so confused if I can even recover this card or if I need to get a new one to solder in and just be more careful next time! Ugh..so yeah if there's any way to flash the bios' without getting a new chip that would be great.

#2 bigphildogg86

bigphildogg86

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:15 AM

Alright sorry for that Rambling...I'm going to reclarify in the steps that I took.
I have a xbox v1.6

1. Installed Duox 2 Cromwell Flash Chip by soldering the wires on the mother board.
2. Switched the Bank to the 2nd bank for v1.6
3. It came up with the Flash Bios Screen.
4. I attempted to flash the bios with a 256kb m8 bios.
5. Found that the xbox wouldn't start with that and would turn off and on but the chip was still flashing whenever it turned back on and no video on the tv.
6. Found out the correct way and that I had to make a 512 kb bios with m8+. So I switched to the other bank made for 1.0 to 1.5 and flashed that using the eurasia flash cd.
7. Started up the xbox and the Evox Symbol came up.
8. Used the Slayer's Evox installer and I did a hard drive rebuild on the original hard drive.
9. Started it up and the evox dashboard came up fine. I was able to play games and everything.
10. I ftp'd into the box and transferred a playstation game to F:\Games\Roms
11. Went and tried to start up pscx emulation.
12. The screen said loading and then froze.
13. I turned off the xbox and then turned it back on.
14. Now the box is doing exactly what it did when I messed up the 1.6 bank and is turning off and on and the mod chip's light is flashing. No video and the front light is flashing red and green.
15. Turned it on in regular mode with the bios chip disabled and the original bios starts up fine.

So I'm thinking both banks are messed up or a solder is just not very good on the bottom. Is there any way to recover from both memory banks being screwed? Ugh..or do I need to buy a new mod chip now?

#3 bigphildogg86

bigphildogg86

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(bigphildogg86 @ Jul 16 2006, 06:22 AM) View Post

Alright sorry for that Rambling...I'm going to reclarify in the steps that I took.
I have a xbox v1.6

1. Installed Duox 2 Cromwell Flash Chip by soldering the wires on the mother board.
2. Switched the Bank to the 2nd bank for v1.6
3. It came up with the Flash Bios Screen.
4. I attempted to flash the bios with a 256kb m8 bios.
5. Found that the xbox wouldn't start with that and would turn off and on but the chip was still flashing whenever it turned back on and no video on the tv.
6. Found out the correct way and that I had to make a 512 kb bios with m8+. So I switched to the other bank made for 1.0 to 1.5 and flashed that using the eurasia flash cd.
7. Started up the xbox and the Evox Symbol came up.
8. Used the Slayer's Evox installer and I did a hard drive rebuild on the original hard drive.
9. Started it up and the evox dashboard came up fine. I was able to play games and everything.
10. I ftp'd into the box and transferred a playstation game to F:\Games\Roms
11. Went and tried to start up pscx emulation.
12. The screen said loading and then froze.
13. I turned off the xbox and then turned it back on.
14. Now the box is doing exactly what it did when I messed up the 1.6 bank and is turning off and on and the mod chip's light is flashing. No video and the front light is flashing red and green.
15. Turned it on in regular mode with the bios chip disabled and the original bios starts up fine.

So I'm thinking both banks are messed up or a solder is just not very good on the bottom. Is there any way to recover from both memory banks being screwed? Ugh..or do I need to buy a new mod chip now?

Okay nvm I think I figured out now that the only way to fix this is to hotswap and so I do have to buy a new one and I'll just replace it. Or maybe I'll fix this one..meh we'll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users