• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 damien_demon

damien_demon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:44 PM

I saw someone with a similar problem as mine, only his thread didn't offer any help.
My problem: I installed a game to my hard drive (original), played it for a couple of minutes and then rebooted my machine. After reboot it didn't start with my dash wich was xbmc, stored on my E partition. But I could load evox from disk. I ftped into my xbox and removed XBMC (wich worked perfectly till I put Knight of the old republic on my drive) Installed it again and rebooted, guess what... nothing indeed... a black screen was looking back at me. So I deleted it again, forcing my system to boot with evox. Then I tried to load kotor from hd, wich didn't work. So I removed that also. To make this long story a bit shorter, none of my apps run anymore, neither emulators or games from disk when I try to start them from evox. The strange thing is when I boot games without the dash (game in xbox, turn it on) it boots them perfectly, except for kotor...

I read on the net that I had to format my HD using ftp, so I did.... but guess again... C gets formatted perfectly, only E won't.
Tried nummerous times.

It feels like E is corrupted or something except when running games of disk without evox. (savegames do work and I can delete them in de M$ dash)

And the PG thingy, well, I don't use Avalaunch so I cannot get there, but I fear that is not my problem because I can boot games.

I'm trying to obtain slayers disk this night, try that tomorrow.

Please give me another option I want my system back as I had it running this morning!! (cannot find the answer anywhere!)

ps. my setup:

xbox v1.1
x-shadow chip (muppetx)
original HD
evox m8 plus bios

Edited by damien_demon, 16 July 2006 - 10:45 PM.

#2 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(damien_demon @ Jul 17 2006, 07:51 AM) View Post

I saw someone with a similar problem as mine, only his thread didn't offer any help.
My problem: I installed a game to my hard drive (original), played it for a couple of minutes and then rebooted my machine. After reboot it didn't start with my dash wich was xbmc, stored on my E partition. But I could load evox from disk. I ftped into my xbox and removed XBMC (wich worked perfectly till I put Knight of the old republic on my drive) Installed it again and rebooted, guess what... nothing indeed... a black screen was looking back at me. So I deleted it again, forcing my system to boot with evox. Then I tried to load kotor from hd, wich didn't work. So I removed that also. To make this long story a bit shorter, none of my apps run anymore, neither emulators or games from disk when I try to start them from evox. The strange thing is when I boot games without the dash (game in xbox, turn it on) it boots them perfectly, except for kotor...

I read on the net that I had to format my HD using ftp, so I did.... but guess again... C gets formatted perfectly, only E won't.
Tried nummerous times.

It feels like E is corrupted or something except when running games of disk without evox. (savegames do work and I can delete them in de M$ dash)

And the PG thingy, well, I don't use Avalaunch so I cannot get there, but I fear that is not my problem because I can boot games.

I'm trying to obtain slayers disk this night, try that tomorrow.

Please give me another option I want my system back as I had it running this morning!! (cannot find the answer anywhere!)

ps. my setup:

xbox v1.1
x-shadow chip (muppetx)
original HD
evox m8 plus bios

Try using another dashboard besides Evox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users