8 replies to this topic

#1 pickel182

pickel182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:16 PM

so here it is...i ran out of hard drive space and i have decided i want to make hard copies of all the gMES ON MY hard drive in case the originals get lost scratched etc etc...what is the best program for creating isos??? i have been using qwix but i find that one to be very slow...like 6 hours to create one iso and it also freezes constantly...thanks for your help guys

#2 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:33 PM

If you don't like Qwix, use Craxtion.

#3 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

I never had slow problems with qwix. some games that are made of tons of small files take longer but not 6 hours.

#4 pickel182

pickel182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:20 PM

is craxtion used to rip iso files from the xbox...i cant for the life of me figure out how that program works...as for qwix it runss reallly slow and almost always freezes up on me so i dont know what the problem is there...could it be because im running with a low amount of hdd space??

#5 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

Quix should never take more than an hour to make an iso of a huge game 4+ gig (more like 20 minutes) unless you are having some type of network issue. Do you have a firewall enabled?, are wirelessly transfering? If you run avalaunch dash and have boost mode enabled it should fly...often transfer speeds exceed 10000kb/s.
Is normal ftp working ok for you? Its takes longer to do but you can ftp the whole folder to your pc then run Quix or Craxtion on the local folder.

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:06 PM

If Qwix is taking 6 hours to make an ISO then you have a problem elsewhere. Its not the program itself.

#7 pickel182

pickel182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:54 PM

hey everyone thanks for all your help on this issue...here is some more info...i reinstalled qwix to make sure i was using the most up to date version since i couldent figure out how craxtion works... im networking wirelessly both my laptop and my xbox are connected to my router via wireless...perhaps this is the problem...in a related issue does anyone know if its possible to connect directly to my xbox with a lynksys game adaptor...using the new version of quiz the iso creator went much faster...about 2 hours so at least there is some improvement...next i will try ftping the entire folder to my computer and creating the iso from there...im guessing that is how i am supposed to use craxtion as well since i dont see any kind of ftp option in there...once again thanks for all your help

#8 bettyjunior

bettyjunior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Music, Bass guitar
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:17 PM

I'd recommend Craxtion - I used it last night and made 3 isos in about 40 minutes. Craxtion has a whole bunch of options. it includes a whole bunch of networking stuff like disc ripper, game manager, save manager. Install it and have a play around.

Though it sounds like your network settings are all over the shop. 6 hours? that's crazy talk. Double check all your networking with a fine tooth comb.

#9 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(pickel182 @ Jul 17 2006, 12:01 PM) View Post

im networking wirelessly both my laptop and my xbox are connected to my router via wireless...perhaps this is the problem

That is definitely your issue.... if you have more than 1 or 2 games to do...... do yourself a favour and run a wire. While wireless "G" claims 54Mbps, actual throughput is 15-20Mbps tops, even less if you have a "b" device connected to the network. Either pull a wire..... or pull your wire, hahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users